Can't connect using SSH to my local server from external host and vice versa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't connect using SSH to my local server from external host and vice versa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Can't connect using SSH to my local server from external host and vice versa
2021-07-14 07:06:53

Dear @shberge@LarryMerino,

shberge wrote

I have no idea, have you tried to upgrade to the beta I left a link to earlier up in the thread? this is the one I use when I test. try and installed it to see.

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202106/20210603/ER605v1_un_1.1.0_20210602-rel71776(beta)_up%20(1).zip

I would install beta firmware and take a factoury deafult reset. you do not need to change the firewall or things like that to get port NAT to work

set up ip on LAN and WAN
set up Port NAT before making other settings.
this here should not be a hocus pocus to get it to work
clock on the router should have nothing to say.

I still do not think it is the problem with the router, but it is difficult to say, you can tell us in the forum when you find out this :-)

but a full reset to deafult and new firmware is done quickly and test to see if there may be a firmware problem,

all my test is on this firmware above.

Have TP-LINK something to say on this case???

@Fae any suggestion?

@shberge  Thank you for your trying to help with this case. I cannot reproduce the problem either.

@LarryMerino For your case, I'd like to escalate to the TP-Link support team who could help you more efficiently.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community. Thank you in advance!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-30 10:08:04

@LarryMerino 

@Fae 

Is there any solution on this case? 

I'm curious about what the solution was. 

/shberge

Options
Re:Can't connect using SSH to my local server from external host and vice versa-Solution
2021-08-03 20:57:51 - last edited 2021-08-07 09:12:57

@shberge Hi,

Yes, finally we can find the issue, I will explain the datails, I'm sorry for the delay in reply

It seems that the problem was caused for my ISP

I explain myself better, the packets coming out from my local network are marked by a code called DSCP that is kind of priority code in the packet management of QoS (Quality of service).

The thing is that my ISP are not allowing marked packet with DSCP > 0 and for that reason I had those problems

SOLUTION:

I installed the Omada controller in a virtual machine running Ubuntu (I found some tutorials on youtube on how to do this but in these days I will buy the Omada controller hardware instead) and then I went to: settings -> wired networks -> LAN and I adopted my router with the Omada controller, I had some problems adopting my router but after to do a factory reset to my router and configure my ip's in the same subnet, all went well.

Once his is done, I went to: settings -> wired networks -> Internet, and in the Advanced Settings I set "QoS Tag" as None. And since then, everything works fine.

I want to thank technical support for helping me find the problem and give me a solution.

You are the best!

I hope all of this can be help to anyone who has a similar problem.

Thank you very much again and have a nice day.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-04 04:42:10

@LarryMerino 

Hi, good that it worked out for you yes. but the settings you refer to I do not find on my controler (OC200), please send me some screenshots so I can identify where this is set, thanks.

Options