Adopting problem after controller upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-11 09:54:36 - last edited 2021-07-11 10:02:19

I had the software controller V4.1.5 and updated it to 4.4.3 like stated in the included manual. (backup, complete wipe and reinstall)

After importing the backup file in the new version, I can't get the EAP's to adopt (managed by others) It then asks for a username & password for each EAP, but whatever combination I use, none work.

What are my options now? Complete firmware reset?  

Is there any way to recover the username/password from the "manage by others" device? (I keep a record of U/P combo's but that doesn't work)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Adopting problem after controller upgrade
2021-07-15 04:13:30

Dear @Houseofdreams,

Houseofdreams wrote

Is there any way to recover the username/password from the "manage by others" device? (I keep a record of U/P combo's but that doesn't work)

Did you upgrade the controller to v4.4.3 on the same PC?

Did you use the username and password under Site -> Device Account on the controller v4.1.5 to adopt the EAPs?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Adopting problem after controller upgrade
2021-07-28 10:15:31

Dear @Houseofdreams,

I'm wondering if your concern was resolved finally?

If your concern is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to give feedback to the community so others can be confident of the solution.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 2

Related Articles