No traffic visible in Omada SDN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-13 12:41:50 - last edited 2022-07-14 07:05:39
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 4.3.5

Hello together

I have the following problem:

I have a test environment which are all in the same VLAN (physical server which is connected to port 22). All test servers are virtualized via Hyper-V. 

The problem now is that on certain servers I have no traffic. Even if the virtual servers cause traffic.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks 

donmartino77

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No traffic visible in Omada SDN-Solution
2021-07-15 06:04:21 - last edited 2022-07-14 07:05:39

Dear @donmartino77

donmartino77 wrote

I noticed that another virtual server is showing traffic for port 22. Is it possible that this server is displaying all the traffic for all the virtual servers running on port 22? 

I would like to see the traffic for each individual server. I think this should be possible because each virtual server has a different IP address.

I'm afraid that the switch may not be able to count the traffic of each client under the same port by the IP address, it can only count traffic by the port as it's a layer2 device. 

Do you have an Omada gateway connected in your network?

The Omada gateway as a layer3 device is possible to be used to report the traffic of the clients by the IP address.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:No traffic visible in Omada SDN
2021-07-14 02:11:31

@donmartino77 

What's the model and firmware version of your switch? I saw @Fae provided beta firmware for some switches in this link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/265390

Options
2021-07-14 06:04:23

@Somnus 

I have two TL-SG3428 v2.0 Switches with the Firmware Version 2.0.3 Build 20210409 Rel.52950.

Options
2021-07-14 11:53:16

Dear @donmartino77,

donmartino77 wrote

I have a test environment which are all in the same VLAN (physical server which is connected to port 22). All test servers are virtualized via Hyper-V. 

The problem now is that on certain servers I have no traffic. Even if the virtual servers cause traffic.

From your image, it seems that there are 9 clients connected to Port22 of the switch, only one of those clients will show traffic statistics, right? So if you disconnect the client (192.168.10.110) from the network, would another client show the traffic statistics info instead?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-14 15:02:12

Fae wrote

Dear @donmartino77,

donmartino77 wrote

From your image, it seems that there are 9 clients connected to Port22 of the switch, only one of those clients will show traffic statistics, right? So if you disconnect the client (192.168.10.110) from the network, would another client show the traffic statistics info instead?

@Fae 

I noticed that another virtual server is showing traffic for port 22. Is it possible that this server is displaying all the traffic for all the virtual servers running on port 22? 

I would like to see the traffic for each individual server. I think this should be possible because each virtual server has a different IP address.

Options
Re:No traffic visible in Omada SDN-Solution
2021-07-15 06:04:21 - last edited 2022-07-14 07:05:39

Dear @donmartino77

donmartino77 wrote

I'm afraid that the switch may not be able to count the traffic of each client under the same port by the IP address, it can only count traffic by the port as it's a layer2 device. 

The Omada gateway as a layer3 device is possible to be used to report the traffic of the clients by the IP address.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-07-15 07:24:54

@Fae 

Fae wrote

Dear @donmartino77

donmartino77 wrote

I have a C300 gateway connected to the network. I will try it in the next few days and give feedback. 

Options
2021-07-16 01:52:49

Dear @donmartino77,

donmartino77 wrote

I have a C300 gateway connected to the network. I will try it in the next few days and give feedback. 

For the "C300 gateway", do you refer to the OC300 controller?

Kind note that the OC300 is just a tool to centralize the management of Omada devices, it's not a gateway.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 720

Replies: 7