Various view issues in Omada SDN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-16 15:04:56 - last edited 2021-07-16 15:31:42
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 4.3.5

Hello together

I noticed that the Omanda SDN does not always display correct results. 

Example: 
I have a client01 which is directly connected to the switch port 10. The switch has the name "Server Room". However, in Omada SDN it shows that the client is connected to the switch on port 10 with the name " Office". This also happens when I change the port. 

Other Example:

The server is connected to port 22 and the IPMI of the server is connected to the same switch on port 23. As you can see on the screenshot, the Omanda SDN shows different ports although the same device is connected to the same switch (Switch_Rack).

Also, devices are shown as online which are not connected at all. The devices are offline and have no active link to the switch.

The sorting of the ports does not work properly either. If I sort the ports in descending order, it looks like this:

It would also be welcome to be able to select them directly in the port overview as it is possible in the mobile app:

It seems to me that the Omana SDN software is not very well developed. I also have Ubiquti in use and there I do not know such problems.

Best regards,

donmartino77

Options
7 Reply
Re:Various view issues in Omada SDN
2021-07-19 07:07:57

@donmartino77 

Do you also have the Omada Gateway and what is the model number of the switch? The TP-Link Fae has sent some beta firmware for the SDN switch, maybe you can refer to this link: 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/265390

Wish this can help you.

Options
2021-07-20 04:55:35

John1234 wrote

@donmartino77 

Do you also have the Omada Gateway and what is the model number of the switch? The TP-Link Fae has sent some beta firmware for the SDN switch, maybe you can refer to this link: 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/265390

Wish this can help you.

@John1234 

I have the following devices in use:

And no, I am not happy to install any BETA software. 

Options
2021-07-20 09:48:27

Dear @donmartino77,

donmartino77 wrote

Example: 
I have a client01 which is directly connected to the switch port 10. The switch has the name "Server Room". However, in Omada SDN it shows that the client is connected to the switch on port 10 with the name " Office". This also happens when I change the port. 

Thank you for your valued feedback! 

I'll report the issues to the developer team for further investigation, before that, I'd like to check the things below:

Is there any non-SDN device connected in your network?

For the device named as "Office", what device it actually is, the EAP or another SDN switch?

Could you please draw a network diagram to show how the devices are actually connected with port number and device name?

Other Example:

The server is connected to port 22 and the IPMI of the server is connected to the same switch on port 23. As you can see on the screenshot, the Omanda SDN shows different ports although the same device is connected to the same switch (Switch_Rack).

Do you mean that the server connected to port22 of the SDN switch is showing as connected to the VPN Gateway on the controller?

Would it make any difference after the system has been running for a period of time? 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-20 11:38:03

Fae wrote

Dear @donmartino77,

donmartino77 wrote

Example: 

Thank you for your valued feedback! 

I'll report the issues to the developer team for further investigation, before that, I'd like to check the things below:

For the device named as "Office", what device it actually is, the EAP or another SDN switch?

Could you please draw a network diagram to show how the devices are actually connected with port number and device name?

Other Example:

Do you mean that the server connected to port22 of the SDN switch is showing as connected to the VPN Gateway on the controller?

Would it make any difference after the system has been running for a period of time? 

@Fae 

No, I do not have any other network devices on my network. All switches and EAP are compatible with Omada SDN.

This is a TL-SG3428 v2.0 switch with the latest firmware.

If I ever find the time, I can do that. The problem is, if the mapping of the ports in the SDN is not correct, I can not configure the switch ports correctly with VLAN etc..

No, it doesn't matter. I have had the device connected for over a week now and still the same incorrect information in the SDN.

Yes, but that is not the only device. There are other devices that have exactly the same problem. 

Options
2021-07-28 04:52:25
@Fae Any news? When will the Omanda SDN software Version 4.4.3 finally be available for the hardware controllers?
Options
2021-07-30 08:25:09 - last edited 2021-07-30 08:28:22

Today I installed the firmware 1.1.1 for the VPN Gateway TL-ER7206 v1.0. Now the situation has become even worse. All these clients are running on the same Hyper-V host and on the same physical server on port 22:

The overview is also no longer correct:

The following overview would be correct:

Options
2022-01-29 17:54:21
Got exactly the same issue with the maps network Only use TP-Link networks devices and the map is not showing correctly the topology and keep moving the switch and EAP devices topology.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1026

Replies: 7