Omada Software controller v3.2.14 working fine, v4.1.5+ failing to adopt EAPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-21 19:56:48
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have a couple EAP 245 v3 that I am trying to manage with Omada Software controller.  All devices and the Windows 2012 R2 Server running the controller are on the same subnet.  EAP245 are up-to-date on the latest firmware.   Whenever I tried to adopt the EAP in v4.1.5 or higher, the EAP failed to adopt with the error message the device failed to adoption because the device does not respond to the adoption command (or something very similar).  After much frustration, I uninstalled the controller and installed v3.2.14.  Devices adopted and provisioned just like they are supposed to.  The EAP were factory reset prior to attempting to adopt in 4.3 and then 4.1.5.

The fact they are adopting fine in 3.2.14 makes me pretty sure there's no firewall blocks or network issues in play, but outside of that I'm stumped - any thoughts as to why they might not be adopting in version 4 of the software controller?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada Software controller v3.2.14 working fine, v4.1.5+ failing to adopt EAPs
2021-07-21 20:04:01

@PaddyBoyFloyd 

It could be firmware on the APs

Check what firmware you are running on the EAP245s, this should be version 5.0 or higher.  You might need to log into this manually (before adopting) to check this

My guess is they are running v2.x

Options
Re:Omada Software controller v3.2.14 working fine, v4.1.5+ failing to adopt EAPs
2021-07-22 06:23:14

@PaddyBoyFloyd 

1. If you are sure that the EAP's firmware is compatible with the v4 Controller, then you can try to Ping the EAP's IP address on the PC with the software installed.

If the PC can Ping the EAP's IP address successfully, then it is probably related to the anti-virus and firewall, especially with TCP/UDP port 29810-29813.

2. Turn off the firewall directly may cause some unsecured problem, you may need to open ports on Windows Firewall.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-open-port-windows-firewall

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 662

Replies: 2