You have mail ... not

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

You have mail ... not

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:You have mail ... not
2021-07-28 10:34:07

@John1234 

I have done a bit of digging... from some guy on stack overflow:

You are probably attempting to use Gmail's servers on port 25 to deliver mail to a third party over an unauthenticated connection. Gmail doesn't let you do this, because then anybody could use Gmail's servers to send mail to anybody else. This is called an open relay and was a common enabler of spam in the early days. Open relays are no longer acceptable on the Internet.

You will need to ask your SMTP client to connect to Gmail using an authenticated connection, probably on port 587

Which may explain why @PavelV  has got his working he has alternative authentication and perhaps a workspace account (not a simple user account like me)

When I try to use port 587 it just hangs...

Perhaps the reason mine won't work because Omada Controller needs to issue a STARTTLS command first?

Options
2021-07-30 06:24:15

Dear @Bebe1980,

Bebe1980 wrote

@John1234 

Sure, I am running Omada Controller 4.4.3 as a service on Windows 10 pro using the NSSM

EAP 110 V (US) V3.0 5.0.1 Outdoor Version.

I'm using the Controller software because we want to use the voucher authentication for the hotspot.

There's no error message just says it failed to send the email...

I assume that the issue is related to the Java version. Please export the running log under Services -> Export Data -> Running log from the controller page, then verify if there is a log saying "Send mail exception Could not connect to SMTP host".

If there is, try the available solution provided in this post.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:You have mail ... not-Solution
2021-08-02 01:25:22 - last edited 2021-08-11 06:10:24

@Fae 

Thanks... I made the changes to enable TLS ... and used the following:

And voila:

PS.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2919/

If you find you are getting double emails (as I did because I use the same email address as Admin) disable or miss out step 3) Enable Alert Emails in Admin Settings.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-11-26 01:11:26
I was loosing my mind on why I was getting double emails. Thank you very much for sharing this!
Options
Related Articles