ER7206 multiple vlans on WAN ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-26 14:21:47
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20210113 Rel.35468

Hi,

I would like to configure multiple VLANs on WAN port with PPPoE connection. I need to configure this for IPTV. Is such config supported? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER7206 multiple vlans on WAN ports
2021-07-26 15:56:27 - last edited 2021-07-26 15:58:26

@networking if it is, my controller (OC200 running 4.3.5) doesn't allow me to. I know it is possible to ssh into the gateway and I'm willing to bet you can set it up that way, but those settings then probably get overwritten by the actual controller.

I would like to have this possibility though! As in the Netherlands IPTV and internet are often served over different VLANs. So you need a combination of multiple VLANs on WAN, IGMP Proxy and IGMP snooping to make it work. As Omada has OpenWrt underneath I'm sure it is possible to make this work as I had an OpenWrt setup previously where this did work :) 

Options
2021-07-26 16:05:59
I'm just getting more and more in to this router and software 1.01 is a joke. Can't create L3 VLAN interface in standalone version. With OC200 firewall is not working. This is just some alpha software version...
Options
2021-07-27 05:32:04

@networking 

I agree, these routers are a complete disaster, there is so much firewall missing that this can hardly be called a security device. but it is actually a little better in stand alone, have used this beta that you find in this thread, it has worked fine. it has acl between VLAN and the ability to create multiple interface.

You will find the link in this thread.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/266210

otherwise I probably believe that they will come up with something that works soon. I do not use any of TP-LINK in business yet, too many problems with everything, even though wifi and switches are much better than the routers so there are no updates, running beta on the switches as well, so now there is beta on almost everything here for several months. soon, urgent update is not very urgent for TP-LINK , this tak month to do what tp-link called urgent , wifi 6 have no update in nearly a year so ting not happend very fast.

But you should try beta firmware for your router in the link, it does not work so bad. you don't need controller in standalone så you don't need to install controller beta.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1970

Replies: 3

Related Articles