Load Balancing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Load Balancing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Load Balancing
Load Balancing
2021-07-27 06:33:28 - last edited 2021-07-27 07:02:04
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20210512 Rel.47886

Hi mates,

anyone knows how load balancing works namely which is the algorithm that apply load balancing.

In my network I have 3 ISP modem connected to the router ports. The speed is 92Mbps, 12Mbps and 94Mbps connected to the WAN, WAN/LAN1 and WAN/LAN2 

respectively. Which weights must I put in order to load balancing properly works?

Thanks in advance!

Network Engineer 1.0
Options
1 Reply
Re:Load Balancing
2021-07-28 08:27:41

@xperiments 

When the load balance is disabled, the data packets will pass through WAN1 and WAN2 randomly.

When the load balance is enabled, the router will decide which WAN entry the data packets should pass depend on the bandwidth we set for each WAN link.

For example, the bandwidth used by WAN1 is X1, and the bandwidth used by WAN2 is X2, the total bandwidth of WAN1 is Y1, the total bandwidth of WAN2 is Y2. Supposed C=X/Y, the WAN link that has a lower c value will have more data traffic to handle for the next moment.

As for the total bandwidth, you can go to Network, WAN-WAN1--Downstream Bandwidth and put in your information for WAN1, WAN2 and WAN3 one by one.

After that, go to "Transmission--Load Balance--Basic Setting" , and Enable Bandwidth Based Balance Routing on ports.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1263

Replies: 1

Related Articles