EAP620 HD Canadian Firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-01 00:01:52 - last edited 2021-08-10 04:09:37
Model: EAP620 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

Hey all,

I've purchased 5 EAP620 HD's, some from Newegg Canada, some from Amazon Canada. All of the model numbers printed on the back of the AP'S have "EAP620 (US)". However, once I adopted all of the AP's in the Omada Controller, two of the AP's have different models stated: "EAP620 HD(Canada) v1.0[Custom]"

The reported US models in the Omada controller run a different version of firmware 1.0.5 as opposed to 1.0.0.  What's going on here? What is the actual difference?  Why does Canadian reported models have the firmware say "[Custom]"? Should I be re-flashing these?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP620 HD Canadian Firmware?-Solution
2021-08-02 07:24:31 - last edited 2021-08-10 04:09:37

Dear @linkteepee,

linkteepee wrote

I've purchased 5 EAP620 HD's, some from Newegg Canada, some from Amazon Canada. All of the model numbers printed on the back of the AP'S have "EAP620 (US)". However, once I adopted all of the AP's in the Omada Controller, two of the AP's have different models stated: "EAP620 HD(Canada) v1.0[Custom]"

The reported US models in the Omada controller run a different version of firmware 1.0.5 as opposed to 1.0.0.  What's going on here? What is the actual difference?  Why does Canadian reported models have the firmware say "[Custom]"? Should I be re-flashing these?

"EAP620 HD(Canada) v1.0[Custom]" refers to the firmware is customized for Canada.

Because the US and Canada have different restrictions on the transmit power for 5GHz band1 WiFi, the EAP products sold in the US and Canada adopt different firmware versions to avoid violating the local wireless laws and regulations. 

Generally speaking, the EAP products used in the US shall use US firmware, while the EAP products used in Canada are supposed to use customized CA firmware. And the main difference between them is the transmit power.

If you are located in Canada, it's suggested to install Canada firmware on the 3 EAP620 HD(US) devices.

https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/download/eap620-hd/v1/#Firmware

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP620 HD Canadian Firmware?
2021-08-02 05:46:35
Think you need to contact TP support and report this. Their contact: https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support
Options
Re:EAP620 HD Canadian Firmware?-Solution
2021-08-02 07:24:31 - last edited 2021-08-10 04:09:37

Dear @linkteepee,

linkteepee wrote

"EAP620 HD(Canada) v1.0[Custom]" refers to the firmware is customized for Canada.

Because the US and Canada have different restrictions on the transmit power for 5GHz band1 WiFi, the EAP products sold in the US and Canada adopt different firmware versions to avoid violating the local wireless laws and regulations. 

Generally speaking, the EAP products used in the US shall use US firmware, while the EAP products used in Canada are supposed to use customized CA firmware. And the main difference between them is the transmit power.

If you are located in Canada, it's suggested to install Canada firmware on the 3 EAP620 HD(US) devices.

https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/download/eap620-hd/v1/#Firmware

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:EAP620 HD Canadian Firmware?
2021-08-02 15:18:56 - last edited 2021-08-02 15:19:37

@Fae Thank you

I have upgraded all of the US firmware models to the Canadian firmware. Just in case anyone is wondering, it appears you cannot reverse this firmware update back to the US.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1124

Replies: 3

Related Articles