OC200 Controller and Omada Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-06 21:32:10

I've just picked up the OC200, TL-SG2210P Smart POE+ Swith, EAP245 and EAP235-WALL.

I set up everything, and its all working, great speeds wired and wireless, everywhere in my house now. 

However, I think i've messed the setup a little bit, I downloaded the Omada Software from TP-Link's website in preparation of everything arriving, and now, i dont think my setup is using the OC200, and its just using the "cloud" .

I noticed as I was about to update all of the devices to latest firmwares, but couldnt see the OC200..

Do I just reset it all, and start again? or how do I swap or add the assocations to the OC200?

Totally new to this type of setup and before just used virginmedias hub 3, and a cable up the stairs the home office. Now that im wired in properly, I wanted to get a more robust setup. 

Any advise where to look would be appreciated. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:OC200 Controller and Omada Controller
2021-08-06 23:02:57

@LeeBR 

Ah ok

So did you install the Windows or Linux version of the Controller?   Post a link to what you have downloaded

If so then yeah its likely you are running a software controller on your PC, and not actually using the OC200.   If that is the case its not a real issue, just backup the config from the software controller and un-install

Using browser go to the OC200 IP address and do the basic setup, update it etc.. then restore the config

Options
2021-08-07 06:57:06

@Philbert 

It was the windows version of the controller. 

Ill back it up, un-install, and go to the OC200 IP address and do the basic setup etc as you suggested. 

Serves me right for not reading the instructions properly 

Thank you for your help

Philbert wrote

@LeeBR 

Ah ok

So did you install the Windows or Linux version of the Controller?   Post a link to what you have downloaded

If so then yeah its likely you are running a software controller on your PC, and not actually using the OC200.   If that is the case its not a real issue, just backup the config from the software controller and un-install

Using browser go to the OC200 IP address and do the basic setup, update it etc.. then restore the config

Options
2021-08-08 12:36:06

@LeeBR 

You are very welcome, any hassle dont be afraid to update this post

Options