For assistance! suspected unauthorized devices(hostnames) entered in my omada controller oc 200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

For assistance! suspected unauthorized devices(hostnames) entered in my omada controller oc 200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-13 13:34:55 - last edited 2021-08-18 08:43:21

Hi TPLINK team,

I detected suspected devices(hostnames) which are in my omada controller oc 200. these devices  used my wifi for more than days already. my wifi voucher code is only for 1 hour

but such devices used more than 1 hour. Currently I have  blocked them. My question is there any possibility that my oc 200 is hacked? Please see attached file of screenshot of the usages and for your assistance please.

Thanks!

File:
more than 1 hour usages.JPGDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:For assistance! suspected unauthorized devices(hostnames) entered in my omada controller oc 200-Solution
2021-08-14 07:58:26 - last edited 2021-08-18 08:43:21

@john.redcat 

Hey

This is quite common if you are using voucher codes with an open network.   One of my neighbours devices has been connected on and off for months as they seem to have set it as a saved network on their phones, however they have never authenticated / been given a voucher so basically they are just sat at the voucher / portal page for months

Likely the same in your case

If you check data traffic, likely very low (MBs) at most as they will have just downloaded/refreshed the portal hundreds of times over but not actually been authorised

The act of connecting to the WiFi and hitting the portal will register them on the OC200, but not actually allow them anything unless they redeem a code

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:For assistance! suspected unauthorized devices(hostnames) entered in my omada controller oc 200-Solution
2021-08-14 07:58:26 - last edited 2021-08-18 08:43:21

@john.redcat 

Hey

This is quite common if you are using voucher codes with an open network.   One of my neighbours devices has been connected on and off for months as they seem to have set it as a saved network on their phones, however they have never authenticated / been given a voucher so basically they are just sat at the voucher / portal page for months

Likely the same in your case

If you check data traffic, likely very low (MBs) at most as they will have just downloaded/refreshed the portal hundreds of times over but not actually been authorised

The act of connecting to the WiFi and hitting the portal will register them on the OC200, but not actually allow them anything unless they redeem a code

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 567

Replies: 1

Related Articles