TL-R605 WAN connection dropping every 30 minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-16 06:23:54 - last edited 2021-08-16 06:29:27
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

Hello All -

I've recently purchased and setup a SOHO Omada environment.

Consists of the following

1x - TL-R605

1x - TL-SG1016PE

1x - EAP-225

1x - EAP-235-WALL

1x - OC200 Controller

Pretty basic setup with default address ranges.

WAN coming to ISP Modem/Gateway (ISP is Optimum / Altice)

• Modem/Gateway LAN has 192.168.1.0 - /24 Network
  • Omada LAN  is setup for 192.168.0.1 - /24 Network

TL-R605 has WAN port connected to port 1 on ISP modem.

WAN IP is set to dynamic in Omada settings for the TL-R605.

Network is flat at the moment, No VLANS, I removed them when trying to troubleshoot.

Everything works ok but the WAN connection drops every 30 minutes and comes right back within a minute or two.

This ends up being really annoying as it drops any active connection every 30 minutes. So if im on a video call at work my connection drops, if im using my VOIP phone the call drops, if im playing an online game, the game disconnects. Its quite inconvenient.

When I connect directly to the ISP modem/gateway with my computer or phone I have no disconnection issues.

The ISP modem admin panel is useless, I can't change much hence the reason for having it setup as WAN  -> LAN (ISP Modem) -> LAN2 (OMADA gear)

Logs show TL-R605 WAN down every 30 minutes, I have attached a screenshot.

Any ideas? I really want to be able to use this TP-Link equipment but its not really viable right now.

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-R605 WAN connection dropping every 30 minutes
2021-08-23 00:52:38

Dear @bdrnet,

bdrnet wrote

I've recently purchased and setup a SOHO Omada environment.

Consists of the following

1x - TL-R605

1x - TL-SG1016PE

1x - EAP-225

1x - EAP-235-WALL

1x - OC200 Controller

Pretty basic setup with default address ranges.

WAN coming to ISP Modem/Gateway (ISP is Optimum / Altice)

• Modem/Gateway LAN has 192.168.1.0 - /24 Network
  • Omada LAN  is setup for 192.168.0.1 - /24 Network

TL-R605 has WAN port connected to port 1 on ISP modem.

WAN IP is set to dynamic in Omada settings for the TL-R605.

Network is flat at the moment, No VLANS, I removed them when trying to troubleshoot.

Everything works ok but the WAN connection drops every 30 minutes and comes right back within a minute or two.

This ends up being really annoying as it drops any active connection every 30 minutes. So if im on a video call at work my connection drops, if im using my VOIP phone the call drops, if im playing an online game, the game disconnects. Its quite inconvenient.

When I connect directly to the ISP modem/gateway with my computer or phone I have no disconnection issues.

The ISP modem admin panel is useless, I can't change much hence the reason for having it setup as WAN  -> LAN (ISP Modem) -> LAN2 (OMADA gear)

Logs show TL-R605 WAN down every 30 minutes, I have attached a screenshot.

The issue you are experiencing sounds unusual, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 573

Replies: 1

Related Articles