Votes

View DHCP leases in Omada SDN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-17 07:45:17
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

I would like to be able to view and terminate DHCP leases.

Assigning a static lease to a client is a laborious process (Omada SDN 4.x) and doesn't always take effect, with the client receiving a different IP. It would be helpful to be able to view a list of all DHCP leases and terminate the lease/force the client to reconnect (along with any other client that may be occupying the target IP).

As mentioned in other threads, it would also be helpful to assign static leases outside the configured DHCP range.

Options
6 Reply
Re:View DHCP leases in Omada SDN
2021-08-17 14:37:15

@MrLister 

This has been mentioned a few times and would totally be a welcomed addition!

Options
2021-08-18 06:13:20
By DHCP leases, do you mean DHCP Client list? Controller has the Client menu. Is this what you want?
Options
2021-08-18 08:24:26

@Somnus 

Yes it was a step in the right direction when that came out, however, it doesn't tell you what devices are static / dhcp / reserved without clicking on each one individually.  Its also really slow to go in and check each one individually and make changes as required.

Granted its not a thing I have to do that often, but when I do I always think to myself "this could be better designed".   I have a similar feeling to unifi so this isn't an Omada specific thing! 

Options
2021-08-19 07:36:50
That sounds great! TP-Link should adopt this suggestion and develop it sooner than his competitor, lol.
Options
2021-08-22 21:45:33

Having failed to upgrade my R605 router to firmware v1.1.1 due to a clash in assigned IP, it was extremely painful clicking through all the old clients individually trying to find the address which was assigned twice. Making the fixed IP address an optional column to display in the Insight table would be a start to identify and resolve such issues. Currently, all configuration of DHCP is very labourious.

Options
2021-08-23 08:09:57

@MrLister 

From Fae this morning, sounds promising as I believe v5 is a q4 release

The Omada Controller v5 will support showing the reserved IP addresses in a table

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/274280

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4176

Replies: 6

Voters 1