Setting up Omada control with an OC200 question.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-21 15:51:10 - last edited 2021-08-22 13:12:46
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm getting ready to start working on the setup of the Omada Controller using the OC200.  This is my first trial with this, and am working on getting more accustomed to the Omada format.  I will be doing this for a friend of mine, and will be the person taking care of his equipment since he is a quadriplegic, and can't do this on his own. 

I want to be able to control everything from my house as well as on site, which he has several locations where we will have controllers installed.

My question is about controller access.  Should I use my name for admin and email since it is actually his equipment, but I will be doing all the admin work?  What is your suggestion on this?  I am leaning toward just using my name, and email, but can things be switched over later on if someone else becomes the admin?  Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Setting up Omada control with an OC200 question. -Solution
2021-08-21 21:55:14 - last edited 2021-08-22 13:12:46

@ingeborgdot 

Hey

In answer to both of your questions

Say I am doing work for a company called   Timmys Toys..  I would usually create an email account for that company   siteadmin@timmytoys.com  and register this as an Omada Cloud account.  This in turn would be registered on the controllers for said company

In relation to the sites, yes give them different names..   Timmys Toys London and Timmys Toys Paris for example..

just my personal opinion on this :)

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Setting up Omada control with an OC200 question.
2021-08-21 18:49:37 - last edited 2021-08-21 18:50:03

I have since decided to just go ahead and use my email and credentials to set this up. It can be adjusted at a later date if changes do happen.

I do have another question though.

If I have 2 controllers, at 2 different locations, do I name the controller a different name?? I will be putting all of the controllers together because they will be for 1 entity, but at different sites.

Options
Re:Setting up Omada control with an OC200 question. -Solution
2021-08-21 21:55:14 - last edited 2021-08-22 13:12:46

@ingeborgdot 

Hey

In answer to both of your questions

Say I am doing work for a company called   Timmys Toys..  I would usually create an email account for that company   siteadmin@timmytoys.com  and register this as an Omada Cloud account.  This in turn would be registered on the controllers for said company

In relation to the sites, yes give them different names..   Timmys Toys London and Timmys Toys Paris for example..

just my personal opinion on this :)

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Setting up Omada control with an OC200 question.
2021-08-21 22:41:12

@Philbert Thanks.  That's just what I wanted to know. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 491

Replies: 3

Related Articles