EAP235 Wall

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP235 Wall

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP235 Wall
EAP235 Wall
2021-08-27 12:34:07 - last edited 2021-09-07 06:32:01
Model: EAP235-Wall  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am installing an Omada system for my friend, and need some wireless APs.  There will be 3  rooms about 15x15, but the main problem is that there will be little to no ceiling access at all.  In fact getting cable in the ceiling is almost impossible (unless I can find a way).  I need to do one room for sure, the others are not as vital, but getting wifi there would be great, but it won't be easy.

I must have read wrong, but thought I understood that the EAP235 had mesh, but I just now read they don't.  I thought the 235 wall would have been an easy fix, but it turns out it is not. It doesn't have mesh, or fast roaming.  I really don't care so much about the so called mesh, just something that would be fast roaming.

If I want the best mesh possible, what EAP would you recommend?

Can I put an EAP 225 or 245 on the wall? 

I guess I could run cable, and put it in an enclosure to cover it, but would really like the best possible solution for a mesh (roaming) system, or something that works better with faster roaming than the 235 wall. What can a person use to cover the cable?

Later, I will be adding EAPs out in the large shop are, and one outside for the workers.  The shop area is 120 x 100, and 15' high.  We won't need the greatest coverage, just good coverage.  I wan't all to work well together.

Suggestions on what to do, or what you would do? 

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP235 Wall-Solution
2021-08-27 20:46:34 - last edited 2021-09-07 06:32:01

@ingeborgdot 

Hey

Just to clarify Mesh and Fast roaming in Omada.  Mesh is the ability to connect two or more access points without cables (Wirelessly) to extend range.    Fast Roaming is the ability to load balance / move between the Access Points as one network.

Yes indeed you can.  I have 2x EAP245s and one of them is wall mounted with no issues at all.   Ideally, these should be ceiling mounted, but I have never seen any difference in range or performance when wall mounted after dozens of installations.

I guess I could run cable, and put it in an enclosure to cover it, but would really like the best possible solution for a mesh (roaming) system, or something that works better with faster roaming than the 235 wall. What can a person use to cover the cable?

Depending on how quick you want to install this, there is the noise of a 625/635 Wall that will support roaming etc... that might be an option but I'm not sure when they are due and could be more $$.  Otherwise, honestly, you can't beat the standard EAP225 / 245 for any installation.     My opinion is get an EAP225/245 and wall mount it, that way you can add additional EAP225s in MESH as the need arises.   EAP225 Outdoors for the outside.    If you have a EAP245 as the main, you could easily run the others in MESH

Obviously you would need an OC200 to get this working, and perhaps a POE switch if you feel necessary.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP235 Wall-Solution
2021-08-27 20:46:34 - last edited 2021-09-07 06:32:01

@ingeborgdot 

Hey

Just to clarify Mesh and Fast roaming in Omada.  Mesh is the ability to connect two or more access points without cables (Wirelessly) to extend range.    Fast Roaming is the ability to load balance / move between the Access Points as one network.

Yes indeed you can.  I have 2x EAP245s and one of them is wall mounted with no issues at all.   Ideally, these should be ceiling mounted, but I have never seen any difference in range or performance when wall mounted after dozens of installations.

Depending on how quick you want to install this, there is the noise of a 625/635 Wall that will support roaming etc... that might be an option but I'm not sure when they are due and could be more $$.  Otherwise, honestly, you can't beat the standard EAP225 / 245 for any installation.     My opinion is get an EAP225/245 and wall mount it, that way you can add additional EAP225s in MESH as the need arises.   EAP225 Outdoors for the outside.    If you have a EAP245 as the main, you could easily run the others in MESH

Obviously you would need an OC200 to get this working, and perhaps a POE switch if you feel necessary.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:EAP235 Wall
2021-08-28 20:30:05

@Philbert I do have the OC200, TL-R605, and a TL-SG3428MP for the swtich.  I will have a total Omada system.  

Thanks for that piece of info.  I will be getting the EAP225 for sure, but I was wondering about the 245.  How is that different from the others?  I noticed it has 2 ports.  I am trying to find info on those ports.  Can one be used as an out?  Is the 245 a better option? 

Thanks.

Options
Re:EAP235 Wall
2021-08-29 13:32:52

@ingeborgdot 

The main difference in the 245 is the additional 3rd radio for 5ghz (1200 vs 866) and yes as you say it has 2x Lan Ports

Personally never tested it, but apparently you can indeed jack off the 2nd port.   Its primarily there for a 2nd Access Point in a daisy chain setup

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 895

Replies: 3

Related Articles