comeback to Primary WAN when it's back to online.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-28 03:56:55 - last edited 2021-09-07 06:27:09
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

Hey guys.. I have two actives links here, Actually I don't know What I'm doing wrong or if I'm doing something wrong, but.. I noticed that When my primary link is down, the backup Link assume right. But when my Primary Link is up again, All my computers still using the backup link, until it's fail.

Is there a way to use the primary link when it's goes up again, even if the backup link works and no drop?? I mean, when the ER605 detect that the primary link is up again, it's automatically start to use it, even backup link didn't fail.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:comeback to Primary WAN when it's back to online.-Solution
2021-09-01 10:16:40 - last edited 2021-09-07 06:27:09

@ghl 

Hey,

I guess you configure this feature on controller, and you select Link Backup as the backup mode. Under this mode, the connection won't switch back to primary WAN. You should select Always Link Primary.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:comeback to Primary WAN when it's back to online.-Solution
2021-09-01 10:16:40 - last edited 2021-09-07 06:27:09

@ghl 

Hey,

I guess you configure this feature on controller, and you select Link Backup as the backup mode. Under this mode, the connection won't switch back to primary WAN. You should select Always Link Primary.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:comeback to Primary WAN when it's back to online.
2022-01-07 01:34:12

@ghl 

I don't see such options 
Where is it? 

Also I see that Wan (primary) is stays in Offline, even though it is UP

Ideas?

Options
2022-06-25 01:25:11

@Vit100 I also don't see such options. I think perhaps such options are only available in some management control software and, inexplicably, not in the admin panel of the router itself. At first I thought it might be a difference in firmware versions but I upgraded from v1.0.1 to v1.2.0 and nothing noticeable has changed, my admin panel looks exactly like your screenshot with no option to make it revert to Primary LAN when it comes back online.

Options
2022-07-06 20:28:39

@3CP0 

Same here. Is there anyway to access this option in standalone mode?

3CP0 wrote

@Vit100 I also don't see such options. I think perhaps such options are only available in some management control software and, inexplicably, not in the admin panel of the router itself. At first I thought it might be a difference in firmware versions but I upgraded from v1.0.1 to v1.2.0 and nothing noticeable has changed, my admin panel looks exactly like your screenshot with no option to make it revert to Primary LAN when it comes back online.

Options
2022-07-08 06:11:18 - last edited 2022-07-08 06:11:45

@ACMiller 

that's not available in the standalone mode. consider using the controller to have that option.. i am not sure if this mode requires the controller to be running. because many modes missing in standalone mode are actually based on the controller. meaning, you gotta keep the controller up so to run that function you want. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-07-09 15:12:50

@Tedd404 

Sorry, what controller? Do I need to run some sort of extra software for this?
Can anyone confirm that this option exists and works? I can't check myself as I returned device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1101

Replies: 6

Related Articles