Omada Controller v4.x.x fails to start due to MongoDB

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-28 19:01:53 - last edited 2021-10-28 01:55:33
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.3

Originally running Omada Controller v4.3.5 successfully.  After long absence from office, finding software no longer starts after Windows machine restart due to failure to start MongoDB.  Attached file shows dialog box screen capture.

Tried upgrading to software version 4.4.4, same issue.

Reviewing other forum threads, found repair of MongoDB might be solution.  Did this but no change.

Confirmed there are no *.lock files under Omada software database directory.

Disk has over 200GB free space.

How can I get this tool for start correctly?

File:
2021-08-28.pngDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada Controller v4.x.x fails to start due to MongoDB-Solution
2021-10-27 12:45:06 - last edited 2021-10-28 01:55:33

@BOA_Manager 

Hi

I have the same problem and i try the solutions proposed here, but nothing worked.

I try change owner permission of the install destination (in my case: C:\Program Files\Omada) to "Users" (of my local machine) and it's working now.

Greetings!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Controller v4.x.x fails to start due to MongoDB
2021-08-31 09:06:24 - last edited 2021-08-31 09:07:21

@BOA_Manager 

Hey,

The controller V4 uses port 27217(TCP) for MongoDB server. You can check if this port is occupied by others. This FAQ uses old port number(27017) as example, but it may give you some help:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1483/

If it doesn't work, I suggest you uninstall the controller completely and reinstall it directly. Maybe the installation file is damaged. Reinstallation may help you resolve it.

Options
Re:Omada Controller v4.x.x fails to start due to MongoDB
2021-09-07 06:20:33

Dear @BOA_Manager,

BOA_Manager wrote

Originally running Omada Controller v4.3.5 successfully.  After long absence from office, finding software no longer starts after Windows machine restart due to failure to start MongoDB.  Attached file shows dialog box screen capture.

I just want to follow up on this, has your concern been addressed or resolved finally?

Here is a related FAQ for your reference, you may check if it helps for your case,

What should I do if I cannot start the Omada Controller in windows system

No matter if your concern was resolved or not, I'd encourage you to share it back with the community.

Thank you for your attention!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Omada Controller v4.x.x fails to start due to MongoDB-Solution
2021-10-27 12:45:06 - last edited 2021-10-28 01:55:33

@BOA_Manager 

Hi

I have the same problem and i try the solutions proposed here, but nothing worked.

I try change owner permission of the install destination (in my case: C:\Program Files\Omada) to "Users" (of my local machine) and it's working now.

Greetings!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 9080

Replies: 3

Related Articles