Votes

App Controller Connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-28 21:29:35 - last edited 2021-09-01 08:11:24

Hi,

Why do I have to select "Cloud Access" or "Local Access" when connecting to a controller? Why does the app not show me a list of controllers on startup (if I have more than 1) and once I select a controller it automatically determines if I am local to the controller or need to connect remotely?

If I only manage 1 controller the app will automatically connect to it using the best method either locally or via cloud/remote. When the app is open show a simple notification stating that it is connecting. This notification shows a globe so that means it's connecting remotely automatically. No need to select the connection method.

Once the app is connected to the controller show a notification on how it is connected- "Connected Directly" or "Connected Remotely"

Simple, functional, informative, cleanly implemented.

Let's take it a step further and give customization options such as automatically connect to "X" controller on startup.

Or automatically connect to the last controller connected to.

@Fae Are any of these on the drawing board? If not can you please pass them on as feature requests?

Options
1 Reply
Re:App Controller Connections
2021-09-01 08:11:10 - last edited 2021-09-01 08:11:24

Dear @Bald_Beaver,

Bald_Beaver wrote

Why do I have to select "Cloud Access" or "Local Access" when connecting to a controller? Why does the app not show me a list of controllers on startup (if I have more than 1) and once I select a controller it automatically determines if I am local to the controller or need to connect remotely?

If I only manage 1 controller the app will automatically connect to it using the best method either locally or via cloud/remote. When the app is open show a simple notification stating that it is connecting. This notification shows a globe so that means it's connecting remotely automatically. No need to select the connection method.

Once the app is connected to the controller show a notification on how it is connected- "Connected Directly" or "Connected Remotely"

Simple, functional, informative, cleanly implemented.

Let's take it a step further and give customization options such as automatically connect to "X" controller on startup.

Or automatically connect to the last controller connected to.

@Fae Are any of these on the drawing board? If not can you please pass them on as feature requests?

Thank you for your valued feedback!

"Cloud Access" requires logging in with a cloud account (TP-Link ID). However, "Local Access" only requires the Omada App to be able to communicate with the Omada Controller in the L2/L3 network, that is, there is no need to log in with a cloud account at all for "Local Access". So we need to select "Cloud Access" or "Local Access" before managing the Omada Controller via Omada App.

To make the app automatically determines whether it's "Cloud Access" or "Local Access", I think it will force you to log in with a cloud account to manage the controller no matter if it's cloud management or local management. Is that what you want?

At present, as I know, there is no plan to force the "Local Access" with a cloud account. I'd transfer this post to the block of >>Requests & Suggestions<< to gather more feedback for further evaluation.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 435

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.