EAP Channel selection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP Channel selection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP Channel selection
EAP Channel selection
2021-09-01 19:27:49
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a strange issue I have noticed. I have 2 EAP225s running and an EAP115 connected to a hardware OC200.

For 2.4 all of the access points only work on channels 1 and 11. If I set the channels manually and choose one to be 6 then it is acknowledged as running on 6 but actually broadcasts nothing, tested with a scanner on my phone.

Setting them as auto and the system decides that one will be 6, that does not nothing too no matter what AP is decided to be channel 6.

Everything in the system is running the latest firmware, is there a bug or have I missed something somewhere, really puzzled.

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP Channel selection
2021-09-01 22:07:07
I actually think this may be a local issue, just used the system to do a scan and the interference on channel 6 is almost 100%, its actually channel 7 and is spreading quite wide so some RF sniffing is required.
Options
2021-09-02 16:15:08

Problem solved, remembering that I have a spectrum analyser adapter did some scanning internally and found I have something hogging channel 7 and spreadiing across the 3 adjacent channels either side. One of these smart home to infrared controllers, which I assume has gone faulty.

If I set the channel allocation on the access points to auto is it smart enough to listen every now and again and move the AP channels accordingly ?, part of RRM in Cisco speak.

Options
2021-09-02 21:36:56

@biomed32uk 

Hey

Yes if you set it for auto it does tend to "self adjust" to avoid interference, not exactly sure how aggressively but have seen mine move channels

Options