Wifi delay and "failed to connect because WPA authentication - times out/failed"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi delay and "failed to connect because WPA authentication - times out/failed"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-06 07:03:25 - last edited 2021-09-06 07:20:35
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.2 Build 20210604 Rel. 50960(4555)

Hi all.

After a day of attempts I have to raise the white flag and give the web a try.

Some device connected to EAP110 network continuously disconnect and reconnect... this does not happens with Asus Router.

My problem is: I have two AP.
- One A) is the main Asus router (and AP of course)
- the other B) is an TPlink EAP-110 cabled in the network to A) with a static ip address.

A) & B) have different SSID.
SSID aren't hidden.
There aren't filter (mac or something else).
Signal strenght to B) is about -69dBm. When connected to A) about -73dBm.

My Devices does not have any throuble connecting with A) but with B) I see a lot of malfunctions.
Log of B) inform me that device that connect to B) sometimes (about twice for minute) "failed to connect because WPA authentication times out/failed".
What I see is a sort of 'burst' data transmission from devices connected to B). And I do not understand wich is the cause.

I try to play with channels and other router parameters.
Supposing that A) and B) may interfere each other, I change SSID for B) but the problem is still there.

I really appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks, regards !

Options
5 Reply
Re:Wifi delay and "failed to connect because WPA authentication - times out/failed"
2021-09-06 11:44:15

@Bubugian 

Hey

Would you be able to post a screenshot / list out the settings you have applied to the EAP-110 and we can take a look?  Also the settings for the Asus would be useful for comparision

It could be a variety of things if honest!

Options
Re:Wifi delay and "failed to connect because WPA authentication - times out/failed"
2021-09-06 13:49:32

@Philbert 

Philbert

I summarize all in the attach. Please have a look.

Regards

File:
EAP 110 and Asus settings.pdfDownload
Options
2021-09-06 14:05:34

@Bubugian 

Hey

I cant see anything major there that would jump out as an issue.. However I would recommend you put it back to N mode as B/G uses a different multiplexing that is now quite old, N should be as low as you go.

Also disable and QOS you have in place, just to rule out that its dropping authentication packets.

Outside of that.. nothing strange there!   WPA2 PSK with AES or TKIP?   Try one then the other and see if that changes anything

Options
2021-09-07 06:39:16

@Bubugian 

Hey,

Is the EAP110 conencted to ASUS router's LAN port via Ethernet cable? If that is the case, I will suggest you check if the physical cable and port are stable or not.

Options
2021-11-14 20:45:43 - last edited 2021-11-14 20:46:27

Hi there, @Bubugian 

Same here. I'v replaced classic TP-link routers (3 of them) with complete omada solution (4x Switch, 2xEAP110 2x EAP225) and Im having lot of this "failures", wifi work strangely and my devices are always jumping from AP to AP which also causes issues.

Tried switching of 5GHZ (helped a little bit), no QOS, nothing special, just default settings.

Often I see that I have very high Channel usage, buy it occurs very fast and often.

I solved this by setting manual channels and fine-tuned Transmit power, so devicecan easily choose, which signal is and will be better longer time, so it does not need to switch vice versa.

Second point here if maybe the WiFi signal is on "sinus" level, this could also cause clients to reconnect due to better signal from another AP.

I also tried this, but cannot confirm if it helped, still debugging:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 881

Replies: 5