Omada Hadrware Controller does not Boot after Upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-16 07:32:23 - last edited 2021-09-16 17:18:12
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi everybody,

I upgraded today my Omada OC200 Hardware Controller to the newest version.

After the upgrade the device is not pingable and i cant access the Webinterface. i alreday done a reboot but that doesent helped.

Did anyone have the same problem oder can help me to solve the problem?

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada Hadrware Controller does not Boot after Upgrade-Solution
2021-09-16 10:49:40 - last edited 2021-09-16 17:18:12

Dear @Christian2705,

Christian2705 wrote

After the upgrade the device is not pingable and i cant access the Webinterface. i alreday done a reboot but that doesent helped.

It seems that the OC200 is bricked, it's suggested to use the recovery mode to recover the firmware.

[Solution] How to use the Recovery Mode to recover the firmware for Omada Hardware Controller

Here is the download link for the new firmware of OC200: OC200_v1_1.9.1_Build 20210721

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada Hadrware Controller does not Boot after Upgrade-Solution
2021-09-16 10:49:40 - last edited 2021-09-16 17:18:12

Dear @Christian2705,

Christian2705 wrote

It seems that the OC200 is bricked, it's suggested to use the recovery mode to recover the firmware.

[Solution] How to use the Recovery Mode to recover the firmware for Omada Hardware Controller

Here is the download link for the new firmware of OC200: OC200_v1_1.9.1_Build 20210721

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Omada Hadrware Controller does not Boot after Upgrade
2021-09-22 03:55:54
Hi Fae, I upgraded my oc200 with 4.4.4 as well and it is no longer responding. Recovery is not working. It appears to get started and then when you try to get back to the interface it fails. I have switched to my software controller for now. Thanks Robert-
Options
2021-09-23 02:06:18

@silentcleric 

Hi All,

I managed to recover and install previous firmware then install the latest firmware.  Maybe this will help someone else.

What I did in steps-

I reset/recovery then reinstalled latest firmware --- no joy, no web interface response on 192.168.0.253

I reset/recovery then reinstalled previous firmware-  It came up but when it got to end of update and startup the web interface failed so one more time.

I reset/recovery did factory restore- reboot. .. still no interface so...

I reset/recovery then reinstalled previous firmware- It came up fully. I skipped through setup and just added a login so I can try the update again. 

I was then able to login and do a firmware upgrade to latest firmware.... whew finally :)

Did a site migration from the software client back to the oc200.

Currently everything is back up and running on latest firmware.

I cant say all of these steps were necessary but this is what I did and it finally got it to work.. mileage may very.... Good Luck.

Robert-

Options
2021-10-25 12:43:14

@Fae The Controller crashed again on Update 4.4.6 need downlaod link to make a restore.....

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1423

Replies: 4