WiFi Security

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WiFi Security

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WiFi Security
WiFi Security
2021-09-22 21:24:02
Model: AP200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.0.0 Build 20210322

Hi, Last week I purchased:

7x DECO products

3x EAP235's

1x EAP225

1x OC300 controller

I setup the first WiFi network using all the DECO product in the main building for domestic use

I setup the seond WiFi for outside and a number of buildngs not connected to the main building physically

The Deco network(deco App) worked a treat no issues easy to setup and trim.

the second network(omada App) I setup using my iPhone App via the controller connecting the first AP, setting up the security and then adopting the rest of the Ap's by switching them on one at a time adopting the AP then moving onto the next AP etc..

Once I had done this my Iphone seemed to struggle to connect and hop, I dropped the security off completely and the WifI was perfect, it hopped and stayed solid across all AP's I then added the secuity back in [WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE] and it work the same. really solid and hopped reasonably fast across the range of AP's. Happy days!

However my customer has complained about the WiFi being "unavailable to connect" on their phones, (probably iPhones) so I did the same trick and bam its sorted but obviously there's a config problem and I can't do this for every person that want to jump onto this WiFi(omada) network so can someone throw any ideas up please?

Options
3 Reply
Re:WiFi Security
2021-09-23 05:58:07

@Zodium 

Do you set same SSID and Wi-Fi password for your Deco network and EAP network?

You cannot roam from Deco to EAP or from EAP to Deco.

Try to set a different SSID but same password for Deco and EAP, or add another SSID for your EAP system.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-09-23 06:06:45

@Virgo 

Hi thanks for your response,

I have set two different SSID's, one for the omada hard wired kit and another for the DECO's so it's completely separated by SSID. I added the deco in my initial post to provide a complete WiFi overview.

Options
2021-09-23 18:33:26

@Zodium 

Just checking that under settings on the controller you have enabled Fast Roaming, AI Roaming and possibly Band Steering?

Without at least Fast Roaming active you wont get a good experience.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 540

Replies: 3

Related Articles