TL-ER7206 with Controller not updating settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-08 20:48:15
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

When i configure a static ip or port fowarding on the router through my Omada controller (OC-200 FW 4.4.4)  The router does not update these settings.  it continues to stay on dynamic (the controller portal (wired networks > Wan) shows the correct ip, but if you go to devices > router > Details  > wan it shows the dynamic ip.

I've factory reset the router, forced provision and forgot it and readopted it  but it never works correctly.

I also see a massive bandwidth drop.  Plugged directly into the cable modem, i get 220Mbps, through the router i get 70Mbps.  i'm hoping that's a setting somewhere. 

Does anyone else see this behavior?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-ER7206 with Controller not updating settings
2021-10-09 09:11:20

Dear @Psb4me,

Psb4me wrote

When i configure a static ip or port fowarding on the router through my Omada controller (OC-200 FW 4.4.4)  The router does not update these settings.  it continues to stay on dynamic (the controller portal (wired networks > Wan) shows the correct ip, but if you go to devices > router > Details  > wan it shows the dynamic ip.

I just tried changing the WAN connection from Dynamic IP to Static IP with a different IP address from Wired Networks -> WAN.

After this change is applied to the ER7206 (the gateway state changes from Connected -> Configuring -> Connected after a while), the WAN IP address does show the correct Static IP under Router Details -> WAN page.

Did you navigate to the correct WAN menu (there are SFP WAN and WAN under Wired Networks > WAN) to configure the Static IP?

I also see a massive bandwidth drop.  Plugged directly into the cable modem, i get 220Mbps, through the router i get 70Mbps.  i'm hoping that's a setting somewhere. 

You may check the link speed between the cable modem and router, router and the speedtest client.

If the link speed is 100Mbps, you may try another standard Ethernet cable for further checking.

If the link speed is 1000Mbps, you may follow the FAQ below to test the speed.
How to use Iperf to test the speed on TP-Link routers

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-10-11 14:42:33

Thanks for the quick reply, you were right,  i was configuring the sfp instead of the wan.  Big time Duh momemnt for me.  I still have a speed drop,  Line Speed is Gigabit, so i'm not sure if there is something else affecting it?  

When i run a speed test inside the portal, it show 258Mbps available bandwidth,  when i'm hard wired into the router, i only can ever get up to 95Mbps.  Sometimes it's much less.  I've disconnected all devices so I know i'm not competing with another device.   Is there a security service running (like packet filtering ) that might be affecting it?  i'm running a pretty much stock configuration,  only two port forwards and a static ip address.

Options
2021-10-12 01:51:49

Dear @Psb4me,

Psb4me wrote

When i run a speed test inside the portal, it show 258Mbps available bandwidth,  when i'm hard wired into the router, i only can ever get up to 95Mbps. 

It sounds like the link speed of the wired client is 100Mbps. When you are hard-wired into the ER7206 router, could you please refer to the guide below to check the link speed and verify if it is 100Mbps only?

How to check the associated/link speed on a wired client

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 559

Replies: 3