OC300 Advanced Configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-10 15:27:10
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20210721 Rel.63283

Greetings. I'm working with the above controller and 9 EAPs, 245, 225 and a 620. Everything is working fine as is but I want to do some fine tuning under Advanced features, off the Settings Menu. 

The problem I'm having is each time I check the Advanced Features box, make any changes and try to Save, I get the Invalid Request Parameters pop-up. If I back off from making any changes and only enable Advanced Features and try to Save it, I still get the Invalid Request Parameters pop-up. Is there something else i need to enable before selecting this option so that it can be successfully enabled?  I wouldn't think just enabling the Advanced Features option would be considered an invalid request. If I uncheck Advanced Features and click Save it works fine. 

The features I'm trying to enable are Band Steering and Fast Roaming. 

Thanks for the help in advance.

Bob

Options
3 Reply
Re:OC300 Advanced Configuration
2021-10-11 09:22:07

Dear @Bob49685,

Bob49685 wrote

The problem I'm having is each time I check the Advanced Features box, make any changes and try to Save, I get the Invalid Request Parameters pop-up. If I back off from making any changes and only enable Advanced Features and try to Save it, I still get the Invalid Request Parameters pop-up. Is there something else i need to enable before selecting this option so that it can be successfully enabled?  I wouldn't think just enabling the Advanced Features option would be considered an invalid request. If I uncheck Advanced Features and click Save it works fine. 

Do you have any issues when you try to change other settings on the Controller?

After you try to enable the Advanced Features, make some changes and Save, would the changes you made stay there?

If you access the OC300 controller via Cloud Access when you try to enable the Advanced Features, you may try using its IP address to access the OC300 in the local network and see if it makes any difference.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-10-13 19:08:07

@Fae 

Thanks for the response. It seems to be tied to the Advanced Features button. If I checked that box i get the error. If I check anything else such as Periodic Speed Test or Enable Alert Emails, etc. it works fine. 

When I check the Advanced box this screen comes up.

The advanced features needs to be configured by network administrators with the knowledge of WLAN parameters. If you are not sure about your network conditions and the potential impact of any settings, we recommend you keep the default configurations.

If enable something such as Band Steering, I get the error Invalid Requesst Parameters.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Bob

Options
2021-10-14 04:02:13

Dear @Bob49685,

Bob49685 wrote

Thanks for the response. It seems to be tied to the Advanced Features button. If I checked that box i get the error. If I check anything else such as Periodic Speed Test or Enable Alert Emails, etc. it works fine. 

When I check the Advanced box this screen comes up.

The advanced features needs to be configured by network administrators with the knowledge of WLAN parameters. If you are not sure about your network conditions and the potential impact of any settings, we recommend you keep the default configurations.

If enable something such as Band Steering, I get the error Invalid Requesst Parameters.

The screen you mentioned is a kind note.

The issue you are experiencing sounds unusual, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 768

Replies: 3

Related Articles