Blocking devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Blocking devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Blocking devices
Blocking devices
2021-10-14 04:46:38 - last edited 2021-11-05 12:47:15
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm confused! Got new WiFi router for home, have renamed various clients to identify the person/device connected - all fine. I keep blocking a client (iPhone) to stop someone in house using WiFi (long story), Mysteriously a new device with a different ip address appears. This keeps happening, so that I now have 6 clients blocked but the person still seems to be able to use the internet. 

Anyone able to enlighten me, please?! 

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Blocking devices-Solution
2021-10-14 11:46:11 - last edited 2021-11-05 12:47:15

@FluffyLoris 

That could be due to the random (private) MAC feature of mobiles.

If that's the case, check this article to see how you can mitigate this behavior.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Blocking devices-Solution
2021-10-14 11:46:11 - last edited 2021-11-05 12:47:15

@FluffyLoris 

That could be due to the random (private) MAC feature of mobiles.

If that's the case, check this article to see how you can mitigate this behavior.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 402

Replies: 1

Related Articles