what is the maximum length of the ethernet cable from poe adapter to eap225-outdoor?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

what is the maximum length of the ethernet cable from poe adapter to eap225-outdoor?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-19 05:35:06
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.1.5

I've done a researched and found this two different details. First picture showing Ethernet cable up to 60m. Second picture showing up to 100m.

Options
1 Reply
Re:what is the maximum length of the ethernet cable from poe adapter to eap225-outdoor?
2021-10-20 09:08:35

Dear @Superion,

Superion wrote

I've done a researched and found this two different details. First picture showing Ethernet cable up to 60m. Second picture showing up to 100m.

60 meters is the maximum recommended length of the Ethernet cable from the passive PoE adapter to the powered device theoretically. Actual results may vary depending on cable type and texture. I think 100 meters here is the measured distance.

The cables on market now are on various levels of quality. Bad quality of Ethernet cable may shorten the valid length, which may also cause power problems. Generally speaking, it's suggested to use Cat5e or above cable.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2081

Replies: 1