Home network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Home network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Home network
Home network
2021-10-19 05:55:25
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

please can you tell me if I can use the AC1350 with my sky router. I have 1 installed in the house and another waiting to be installed but they are not on the same network as everything else plugged into my TP link unmanaged switch. Currently I have 2 networks running, the sky network and the access point network. Everything plugged into the switch (heating controls, sonos, sky tv, various smart TVs) is on the sky network and I therefore can not access them when connected to the TP link network.

I would like 1 network with the ability to add more AC1350 where needed for the drop in signal. Can you please tell me how I can achieve this. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Home network
2021-10-20 09:19:16

Dear @Lee.s.jones,

Lee.s.jones wrote

Currently I have 2 networks running, the sky network and the access point network. Everything plugged into the switch (heating controls, sonos, sky tv, various smart TVs) is on the sky network and I therefore can not access them when connected to the TP link network.

Did you configure Guest Network or VLAN on the sky router or EAP? How do you access the devices?

The EAP won't isolate the network by default settings. If you have guest network enabled, please disable it since you want 1 network only.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-10-20 12:12:08

@Fae I configured the access point to give it a guest network and changed the name of the 2.;4ghz network for my home network.  The issue I have is my sonos and TVs connected to my switch are only accessible on the sky wireless network. I want to be able to access them on the TP 2.4 ghz network as a minimum but ideally the sky and 2.4hgz home network would be one network.  Is this possible with the sky router?  Im currently fitting the TP acces points in other projects for clients so this would be very useful for me know not just for my own house but going forward with my work 

Options
2021-10-20 13:46:15 - last edited 2021-10-20 13:47:57

@Lee.s.jones 

My ISP is also SKY.

I still have my SKY SSID on and the only devices I that use that is my SKY Q and mini dish.

I have 2 x AC1350 with an OC200 cloud controller. 

I have multiple SSIDs on my home network but as my LAN is flat (no VLANS) I can send a print from my Gaming PC (on one SSID) to my printer (on a different SSID)

Options
2021-10-21 00:45:19

Dear @Lee.s.jones,

Lee.s.jones wrote

I configured the access point to give it a guest network and changed the name of the 2.;4ghz network for my home network.  The issue I have is my sonos and TVs connected to my switch are only accessible on the sky wireless network.

Guest network will block clients from reaching any private IP subnet. For more details about the guest network, please read this FAQ.

So if you only want one network, please disable the guest network when you configure the EAP.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 795

Replies: 4

Related Articles