two router setup -one with VPN and one primary

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-19 09:52:00
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I purchased a ER605 to setup as VPN only router and want to connect to existing TPlink c7 Archer router, which is connected to internet. Also, enabled the VPN passthrough for all PPTP traffic in the primary router.

I changed the subnet of VPN router and connected both routers - LAN of primary to WAN of VPN router.

When I go to WAN setting and change to PPTP from dynamic and enter login credentials of the VPN provider, connection does not take place. I can ping the VPN server successfully from the VPN router, but VPN does not get established.

please guide.

thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:two router setup -one with VPN and one primary
2021-10-20 10:29:07 - last edited 2021-10-20 10:29:54

Dear @marc100,

marc100 wrote

I purchased a ER605 to setup as VPN only router and want to connect to existing TPlink c7 Archer router, which is connected to internet. Also, enabled the VPN passthrough for all PPTP traffic in the primary router.

I changed the subnet of VPN router and connected both routers - LAN of primary to WAN of VPN router.

When I go to WAN setting and change to PPTP from dynamic and enter login credentials of the VPN provider, connection does not take place. I can ping the VPN server successfully from the VPN router, but VPN does not get established.

If you are trying to use the ER605 router as the VPN Client, please ensure that the ER605 WAN is connected to an ISP line and have Internet access. And please go to VPN to set up the PPTP VPN instead.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:two router setup -one with VPN and one primary
2021-10-20 13:54:47

@Fae 

I am using my Archer c7 as passthrough router. The ER605 is connected to LAN of the Archer c7.

I have setup the PPTP in the WAN of the router. this is where the problem is, the VPN connection does not take place. see below snapshot

my current setup looks like this

I also see a VPN server / Client option on this router. should I set up VPN client in this? as below?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 424

Replies: 2

Related Articles