PC can not connect to Deco, no valid IP config

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-01 15:02:36 - last edited 2021-11-02 06:50:04
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

So recently one of my PC not connecting to my M5 Deco since Deco had power restarted. Was working fine but now my PC keep saying WiFi doesn't have valid IP configuration. But all my other desktop and laptop, iPhone iPad all good. Only my new PC has this issue. I tried uninstall and reinstall the WiFi driver, and updated to the latest version, also updated the bios, and also did ipconfig/flushdns, ipconfig/release, ipconfig/renew, restarted the Deco and reinstalled fresh windows and also replaced the new motherboard, checked MAC address on PC and Deco app all same. but still keep say WiFi doesn't have valid IP. 

Also tested the PC in friends home it's working perfectly, it can connect to the WiFi no problem at all, but when I take home the PC just can not connect. Motherboard is MSI B550m mortar m-atx WiFi, windows 10 pro 64bit.
This is so weird tried everything, anyone can help. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:PC can not connect to Deco, no valid IP config-Solution
2021-11-02 04:01:33 - last edited 2021-11-02 06:50:04

@Alexandre. 

Hi, thanks for reply.

1. Did troubleshooter and only message i got is wifi doesn't have valid ip config.

2. My main deco is in the living room i cant use the cable.

3. Time zone is same as my PC.

I'm use M5 2 pack deco, and run as Router mode, my PC try to connect the main deco, and i also checked both main deco and satellite deco my other device all can connected to it.

But some reason today my PC is working, its now connected to the wifi and works fine, not sure why, but i'll post again if it lost wifi.

Thanks

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:PC can not connect to Deco, no valid IP config
2021-11-02 00:48:19

@SDU 

You did a lot, but:

1) Did you try to run Windows network troubleshooter and if yes, have you checked its "View detailed information" section to see perhaps something there can hint at cause of an issue;

2) Have you tried connecting PC to Deco by Ethernet cable? 

3) Login to Deco mesh Web interface, under Advanced/System/Time Settings see what current time it reports and if it the same, including time zone, as on your PC.

Also, how many Deco M5 you have, do they run in Router or AP mode, does you PC try connecting to Satellite or Main Deco, and if Satellite - does that Satellite show other WiFi devices successfully connected to it?

Options
Re:PC can not connect to Deco, no valid IP config-Solution
2021-11-02 04:01:33 - last edited 2021-11-02 06:50:04

@Alexandre. 

Hi, thanks for reply.

1. Did troubleshooter and only message i got is wifi doesn't have valid ip config.

2. My main deco is in the living room i cant use the cable.

3. Time zone is same as my PC.

I'm use M5 2 pack deco, and run as Router mode, my PC try to connect the main deco, and i also checked both main deco and satellite deco my other device all can connected to it.

But some reason today my PC is working, its now connected to the wifi and works fine, not sure why, but i'll post again if it lost wifi.

Thanks

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-11-02 14:54:38

@SDU 

>My main deco is in the living room i cant use the cable.

This is just for troubleshooting purposes. If it happens again, bring Satellite Deco to where PC is and connect them both by Ethernet cable. The purpose of this test is to find if it is WiFi related issue or not. If PC can't get an IP address and can't connect to Internet even over Ethernet cable, it's not.

Options
2022-04-23 21:48:14

@SDU 

in case this helps anyone, I had a similar issue. Several devices were all of a sudden unable to connect. (1 laptop, 1 PC, and a SIP device for an IP Phone). 

I tried all sorts of troubleshooting steps (config changes on PC Ethernet adapter, reboot all network devices (modem, TP Link devices and network switches I have on my network). Nothing worked 

FINALLY. This worked.  

I tried switching from wireless router mode to access point. And then back to wireless router mode. 

(On the Deco app go to More > Advanced > Operation Mode)

this did the trick. After the final switch back to router mode all of the disconnected devices were able to obtain IP addresses 

hope this helps anyone who might have a similar issue. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2097

Replies: 4

Related Articles