Omada SDN 5.0.15 Bug report And now 5.0.29

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-02 10:34:54 - last edited 2021-12-17 14:57:55
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

WiFi traffic distribution is empty, speed test fails and gateway is not available, I mean we have had the same error on previous versions,
There are ER605 routers on this controller. applies to all sites except default on which there are no devices.

Again, why does tp-link not have a beta program, now we are beta testers in release version again. this error we would have easily avoided if we could test first. I was stupid enough to install on a server with two site before I tested.

There was also problem with mongo db ports and i have to complete uninstall omada from computer and install a new omada server, then restore from backup to get it to work.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Omada SDN 5.0.15 Bug report-Solution
2021-11-05 16:39:28 - last edited 2021-11-09 08:41:12
The R&D team has located the problem, it is related to the previous speedtest error issue, and it's planned to release a new windows controller version in this month.
Recommended Solution
Options
2021-12-24 13:30:41 - last edited 2021-12-24 13:30:52

@shberge 

The new controller 5.0.29 use TCP port 29814 for adoption, this have to be NATed in firewall in remote site. 

this is not mention in release note in windows controller only in OC200 release note.

More information about the new port

https://www.tp-link.com/no/support/faq/3265/

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Omada SDN 5.0.15 Bug report
2021-11-02 17:42:14

@shberge 

I did as I should have done in the first place.

Installed a new server in lab environment, installed omada controller ver 4.4.6 imported a test site, upgraded to omada controller 5.0.15, but I get exactly the same error except Wi-Fi Traffic Distribution..

Options
2021-11-03 03:42:33

Dear @shberge,

shberge wrote

I did as I should have done in the first place.

Installed a new server in lab environment, installed omada controller ver 4.4.6 imported a test site, upgraded to omada controller 5.0.15, but I get exactly the same error except Wi-Fi Traffic Distribution..

The Controller v5.0.15 and ER605 V1 1.1.1 have been running in our lab for two days or so, no "General Error" occurs, everything works as expected without any issues.

For your case, would the "General Error" only occur after you try to run a speed test on the Dashboard?

Could you please check the running log and see if there is something special? What's the Java version you are running with?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-11-03 08:48:59

@Fae 

Fae wrote

Dear @shberge,

For your case, would the "General Error" only occur after you try to run a speed test on the Dashboard?

Could you please check the running log and see if there is something special? What's the Java version you are running with?

Yes the General error was there before and after speed test, I use java jre-8u311-windows-x64 on the computer.

I remember similar error on earlier version and then we have to do som spedtest and enable periodic spedeed test..

What should i lok after in running log??

I have now done two installation with same result, one is reverted back and my lab steel with newest version

Anyhow, Error like this this give me a lot of trouble, I have to downgrade on server yesterday and downgrade don't work very wel. when downgrade server and restore latest backup all device com up with managed by other or something like that. when i adopt this device with username and password then all setting was gone on all device, router, access point and switch. vpn no-ip and so on was gone.

Options
2021-11-04 01:03:49

Dear @shberge,

shberge wrote

Yes the General error was there before and after speed test, I use java jre-8u311-windows-x64 on the computer.

I remember similar error on earlier version and then we have to do som spedtest and enable periodic spedeed test..

I have now done two installation with same result, one is reverted back and my lab steel with newest version

Anyhow, Error like this this give me a lot of trouble, I have to downgrade on server yesterday and downgrade don't work very wel. when downgrade server and restore latest backup all device com up with managed by other or something like that. when i adopt this device with username and password then all setting was gone on all device, router, access point and switch. vpn no-ip and so on was gone.

Sorry to hear that you have a lot of trouble with the controller.

The issue you are experiencing sounds unusual, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.
They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.
Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-11-04 08:58:09

@Fae 

i would like to try on ubuntu, do you have any deb file for ubuntu available for testing for the new controller software. my plan is anyway to migrate over to this platform for all device.

Fae wrote

Dear @shberge,

shberge wrote

Sorry to hear that you have a lot of trouble with the controller.

The issue you are experiencing sounds unusual, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.
They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.
Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

Options
2021-11-05 16:39:28 - last edited 2021-11-09 08:41:12
The R&D team has located the problem, it is related to the previous speedtest error issue, and it's planned to release a new windows controller version in this month.
Recommended Solution
Options
2021-12-17 14:08:46 - last edited 2021-12-17 18:59:52

@Fae 

To be honest. this was not expected.

fortunately I only test in LAB environment
installed a new Windows controller v 5.0.29 and adopted a router and switch without any problems, but EAP245v3 can not be adopted.
i have reset to deafult and tried a lot of different but no.

This is a remote controller on a different LAN than the devices but this is usually not a problem.

I  do som more test and this really suprise me, How do tp-link test software ??

all whit latest aviable software

EAP225-Outdoor IS OK adopt with no issue

EAP620HDv1 adopt failed

EAP660HDv1 adopt failed

EAP245v3 adopt failed

if I downgrade EAP245v3 to 5.0.3 its OK adopt with no issue

The new EAP software destroy adopt url on access point, url is changed from my.remote.site:29810 to my.remote.site?dPort=29810&mPort=0&omadacId=c21f969b5f03d33d43e04f8f136e7682

EDIT

I do a downgrade to 1.0.6 on EAP620HDv1 and after downgrade it adopt with no issue.

Options
2021-12-24 13:30:41 - last edited 2021-12-24 13:30:52

@shberge 

The new controller 5.0.29 use TCP port 29814 for adoption, this have to be NATed in firewall in remote site. 

this is not mention in release note in windows controller only in OC200 release note.

More information about the new port

https://www.tp-link.com/no/support/faq/3265/

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1984

Replies: 8