OC200 massive upload - 300 GB in 70 days ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-18 18:11:18 - last edited 2021-11-18 18:39:19
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.9.1 Build 20210721 Rel.39263

Hello, 

ok its 'The controller' of my omada network at home.  'The brains , The center piece , the god , ...' 

But surely I can question wth this OC200 is basically my Top upload client in my insight logs with an upload of 300 GB in approx 70 days. 

- My omada setup is quite new but basically I set it up and it was good to go, so basically I didn't touch my omada setup that much. 

I checked and I took 2 configuration backups in 70 days => so that basicallly means my configuration was 'stable' 

- It can push configs etc , provision etc...

- Even a heart beat whatever but 300 GB   in 70 days is  4,2 GB per day for what ?????

- my setup isn't even that big,   OC200 , 2 swiches , a router and 2 ap's  ,  <= so there isn't that much config/data to spread around 

my cloud intergration is disabled but still is something going out still ? 

I can't even check , since the FW doesn't have any logs at all 

https://imgur.com/a/0RI3Bf9

Options
6 Reply
Re:OC200 massive upload - 300 GB in 70 days ?
2021-11-18 19:38:04

@mehmeh Same here. I have an avahi agent running in an LXC container that Omada claims has pushed 72TB of data in the span of 57 days and it says my Synology is up near 40 PETAbytes. Seems like the numbers are off by a factor 1,024 just glancing at them.

Options
2021-11-18 22:36:41
Ditto....The OC200 should not be THAT busy with data.
Options
2021-11-19 03:12:00 - last edited 2021-11-19 03:38:53

@mehmeh 

Just confirm this, is that like this? You have tons of GB uploads? 

Download Pkts/Bytes:

1054026727 / 1305.47 GB

What version do you guys have? @tigers On 5.0.15 software, my stats look normal. 

Options
2021-11-19 03:57:22

Dear @mehmeh,

mehmeh wrote

But surely I can question wth this OC200 is basically my Top upload client in my insight logs with an upload of 300 GB in approx 70 days. 

- My omada setup is quite new but basically I set it up and it was good to go, so basically I didn't touch my omada setup that much. 

I checked and I took 2 configuration backups in 70 days => so that basicallly means my configuration was 'stable' 

- It can push configs etc , provision etc...

- Even a heart beat whatever but 300 GB   in 70 days is  4,2 GB per day for what ?????

- my setup isn't even that big,   OC200 , 2 swiches , a router and 2 ap's  ,  <= so there isn't that much config/data to spread around 

my cloud intergration is disabled but still is something going out still ? 

I can't even check , since the FW doesn't have any logs at all 

Is the MAC Address of OC200 showing on the insight page the same as that showing on the Maintenance page?

Is your OC200 powered via a PoE switch? Is there any device plugged into the ETH2 port of the OC200?

Do you have any non-Omada devices connected in your network?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-11-19 06:02:24

@Fae 

1) Yes  same mac

2 ) Yes POE powered

3 ) no devices plugged into ETH2 ,     It's basically a UTP cable from my 2210MP to my OC200 , there is a USB key for backups

4 ) All my devices are Omada (  imgur contains  Wysiwyg image of my omada devices ) 

My nickle dropped (future me edit : I think but ....) .

Around the time of the start of my omada journey ( approx 70 days agao ) 

I saw on the forums these threads of petabytes of data reported in very short time frames, at that time I thought I wasn't really affected , 

I was on the latest FW ** and the data seemed normal.

** : As I don't use cloud integration , it don't get Firmware update messages ( which is quite annoying )  , additionally when I go the the support pages I get 'silently pushed' to a regional site which is ( I now realize are ages behind in FW's <= nice work TP link) 

anyway  , the OC200 is my only 'client' directly connected to the 2210MP . 

The all my other clients I see in insight are via the AP's or on my other switch. 

Anyway I installed the 1.0.2 Firmware on the 2210MP the other day and this had a fix on invalid network stats.  yippie fixed ...

So that was my theory uptonow:  

(Hey future me is now here )  so lets assume that the OC200 data was wrong , because of the FW of the 2210MP

The funny thing is that via accessing the support page none regional , my other Switch 2218 , Also seems to have a FW update (about 10 days old )  with some network stats update although the exact wording is different , so while I thought that that switch is/was fine.    I guess I will now have to assume that my 2218 also can't count correctly :)

side note :  'there is a new FW for 1 or more of your devices' without any account or cloud login should be possible right ?

I can't remember my last router which didn't have a popup about new version , but I am sure that for those routers I didn't require a 'login or cloud access' to get that info.

I don't ask full integration with download and install , but surely a simple 'check FW' without cloud must be possible. 

TL-SG2210MP(UN)_V2_2.0.1_20210806

Download
Published Date: 2021-08-27 Language: English File Size: 8.81 MB

This firmware is fully adapted to Omada SDN platform but only compatible with Omada controller v4.3.5 or above.

If you are using an old Omada controller and plan to upgrade firmware for EAP, then you must upgrade the Omada controller as well. Please follow Upgrade Guide to upgrade the Omada Controller.

Enhancement/Bug Fixed:

1. Fully adapt to Omada SDN Controller 4.3.5.

2. Improved the stability of the Layer-3 interface.

3. Fixed the bug of invalid traffic statistics.

4. Fixed the bug when forwarding bi-directional traffic with specific applications.

TL-SG2218(UN)_V1_20210806

Download
Published Date: 2021-11-09 Language: English File Size: 8.81 MB

This firmware is fully adapted to Omada SDN platform but only compatible with Omada controller v4.1.5 or above.

If you are using an old Omada controller and plan to upgrade firmware for EAP, then you must upgrade the Omada controller as well. Please follow Upgrade Guide to upgrade the Omada Controller.

Enhancement/Bug Fixed:

1. Fix the bug that Tx/Rx statistics of port is not accurate.

2. Fix the bug that IP address of L3 interface is not correct when the interface is down/up.

3. Fix the bug that bootutil can not be accessed via micro-USB port.

Notes:

1. For TL-SG2218(UN) 1.0

2. This firmware is fully compatible with Omada Controller v4.3 or above.

Options
2021-12-03 02:40:26

Dear @mehmeh,

mehmeh wrote

3 ) no devices plugged into ETH2 ,     It's basically a UTP cable from my 2210MP to my OC200 , there is a USB key for backups

Around the time of the start of my omada journey ( approx 70 days agao ) 

Anyway I installed the 1.0.2 Firmware on the 2210MP the other day and this had a fix on invalid network stats.  yippie fixed ...

To confirm, are the upload traffic statistic on the OC200 showing normal now after you upgrade the 1.0.2 firmware on the 2210MP switch?

The 1.0.2 firmware on the 2210MP has fixed the wrong traffic statistics issue, the massive upload traffic may be generated by the old firmware, you may select the time period after you upgrade the switch firmware to check the traffic statistics and verify whether there are any exceptions.

side note :  'there is a new FW for 1 or more of your devices' without any account or cloud login should be possible right ?

I can't remember my last router which didn't have a popup about new version , but I am sure that for those routers I didn't require a 'login or cloud access' to get that info.

I don't ask full integration with download and install , but surely a simple 'check FW' without cloud must be possible. 

I'm afraid that it's required to link the device to the TP-Link cloud to check for the new firmware update since the release of Omada SDN.

This change is to keep consistent with other types of Omada controllers to facilitate future maintenance. Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 741

Replies: 6

Related Articles