OMADA Network issues with IPTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-20 16:49:05
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20210914 Rel.39912

Hi @Fae, TP-Link Team,

I have a condo network: 

OC300 - v1.0  FW 4.4.6

TL-SG2428P v1.0 - 7 pcs

TL-SG2210MP v1.0 - 2 pcs

EAP225 - 56 pcs

FORTINET FortiGate 60F as a router and gateway, 2 WANs x 1 Gbit.

Firmware is the latest available everywhere. 

IPTV devices of tenants have issues with streaming - frames freeze, lags, no image 1-2-5 seconds many times during the day.  IPTV works perfectly with a direct LAN connection to the wan router. 

Issues are the same when I connect devices thru the Omada WiFi network or by direct connection to TP-Link switches. 

In other words, if I connect directly to the router LAN, everything works fine, if to the router via TP-Link switches or Wi-Fi network, there are problems.

I played with WMM QoS settings ON/OFF, the signal level is perfect and the speed is 450 Mbps at the IPTV device place via WiFi or 920 Mbps via LAN. 

Lags, freezes and hangs appear for all clients at the same time via TP-Link network - LAN and WiFi.

Please could you help to find and fix the issue as this becomes critical for the project? 

Thank you. 

We craft reliable solutions | 1.855.888.0169 | https://cctv-ca.com
Options
6 Reply
Re:OMADA Network issues with IPTV
2021-11-23 06:58:12

@Alex_UTS 

Hi,

Just to confirm, what kind of device is that IPTV you have specifically?
Is it from your network service provider or something like Netflix IPTV?
Seeing as you have quite a few devices, how about enabling IGMP Snooping to try it out?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-11-23 17:18:08

Hi @Virgo,

Clients use Smart TVs with IPTV software installed like Smart STB, Amazon FireTV sticks with Smart STB or Android TV boxes with Smart STB with different services. I see this is TCP traffic with HTTP Video. IGMP Snooping is active.

Options
2021-11-24 10:38:45

Dear @Alex_UTS,

Alex_UTS wrote

IPTV devices of tenants have issues with streaming - frames freeze, lags, no image 1-2-5 seconds many times during the day.  IPTV works perfectly with a direct LAN connection to the wan router. 

Issues are the same when I connect devices thru the Omada WiFi network or by direct connection to TP-Link switches. 

In other words, if I connect directly to the router LAN, everything works fine, if to the router via TP-Link switches or Wi-Fi network, there are problems.

I played with WMM QoS settings ON/OFF, the signal level is perfect and the speed is 450 Mbps at the IPTV device place via WiFi or 920 Mbps via LAN. 

Lags, freezes and hangs appear for all clients at the same time via TP-Link network - LAN and WiFi.

Please could you help to find and fix the issue as this becomes critical for the project? 

For your case, I'd like to escalate to the TP-Link support team who could help you more efficiently.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-11-24 22:06:48

@Alex_UTS try to enable the IGMP Snooping parameter. Please let me know if it worked or not.

Options
2021-11-24 22:42:25

Hi @mur77

Thank you. Of course, I tried IGMP Snooping, QoS, WMM, traffic shaping, prioritization etc. No results. Moreover, this is the TCP Video traffic, not a multicast like Chromecast or AppleTV. IGMP is not used in that case. 

Options
2022-05-02 02:26:03

@Alex_UTS hi, do you have any solution? help me please

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1540

Replies: 6

Related Articles