Port already in used and MongoDB error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-29 10:38:01
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 4.2.11

Hi,

[Reposting in the right place .. I think]

My Omada Controller (4.2.11) has been working for some time now but has recently failed. The server is running on Windows 10 20H2

The issue I'm having is that the ports are in use:

[2021-11-29 09:24:48] Starting...
[2021-11-29 09:24:49] Port 29810, port 29811, port 29812 and port 27001 are already in use. Release the ports and try again.

I have identified the offending PID occupying the ports (a java process) and killed it.

On attempting to restart, the controller seems to start, but keeps trying to start the MongoDB server which ultimately fails.

Looking at the Mongo logs, the DB fails to launch with, amongst other things:

Fatal Assertion 28558 at src\mongo\db\storage\wiredtiger\wiredtiger_util.cpp 365

The server had crashed which I think may have caused the issue?

I've tried a repair but that also doesn't work.

I'm kinda stuck.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Port already in used and MongoDB error
2021-11-30 02:24:07
Hi there, I had the same issue before. Just reboot the PC and all solved.
Options
2021-12-01 06:43:16

Sadly this was one of the first things I'd tried.

The logs seem to point to a MongoDB error. I feel it may have to be a reinstall but I guess that means I lose the settings.

Any other ideas would be appreciated, I really don't want to have to reinstall it.

Options
2021-12-01 06:50:36 - last edited 2021-12-01 06:52:54

@Hannerz 

I did not have this issue with Omada. I have some ports taken on other programs. So, you need to find out the process that is using the port and terminate the program from the task manager. I referred to the guide on Google. Try and find the program and terminate it.

Terminate the process tree and make sure they don't automatically re-appeared in the task manager?

I kill the process and programs work again. I know some services will reboot when you kill it. Just make sure?  cool Trying to be helpful

Options
2021-12-01 08:38:55

@John1234 Hello! Thanks for your message.

I did note in my orignal message that I had found the rogue process and killed it. I then used start.bat to restart Omada.

After doing this, Omada did get further, but still failed. Before I killed the process, Omada failed straight away.

Options
2021-12-02 06:31:49

@Hannerz 

Yes. Some rouge programs are annoying. They restart instantly after you killed them. You still gotta find all the programs and kill them. Re-install does not help at all as long as these programs stay on your PC.

Options
2021-12-02 08:25:21

Dear @Hannerz,

Hannerz wrote

My Omada Controller (4.2.11) has been working for some time now but has recently failed. The server is running on Windows 10 20H2

The issue I'm having is that the ports are in use:

[2021-11-29 09:24:48] Starting...
[2021-11-29 09:24:49] Port 29810, port 29811, port 29812 and port 27001 are already in use. Release the ports and try again.

I'm wondering what was happened before your controller v4.2.11 failed to start.

Did you install an Omada Discovery Utility on your Windows computer? Or did you upgrade the Java version on your PC?

Kind note that Omada Controller and Discovery Utility cannot run on the same computer at the same time.

With the discovery utility running, I try to run the Omada Controller on the PC, I get exactly the same port already in use error as below:

Another thing I can think of is the Java version, improper Java version may cause that the controller cannot get started. 

For more suggestions, you may refer to the FAQ below.

What should I do if I cannot start the Omada Controller in windows system 

Besides, your controller version is a little old, perhaps you may install the newer version like 4.4.6 for checking.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options