Eap 225 wired connect to MESH

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-04 14:03:16
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.7.0 build 20200113 rel 38287

Hello,

I have 2 EAP225 connected to Omada controller, both wired (internet). I want to create a mesh network. I know that to do that I need to keep the primary eap connected wired and the second one to be wireless. If I reset the second one, omada will discover it as wireless (in order to create the mesh) or it will be discovered wired? 

Hope you understand,

Thank you 

Gerasimos

Options
3 Reply
Re:Eap 225 wired connect to MESH
2021-12-04 17:24:40

@MakisFil 

Hey

You may not even require resetting the EAP225, it may work that if you simply remove the LAN connection it will re-adopt via MESH.   Seen this happen before (by accident).

Failing that retire the device from the controller, then re-adopt wirelessly.

Just ensure you have MESH enabled on your controller

Options
2021-12-04 17:52:35

@Philbert thank you for your reply.

I was thinking reset as I can only do that remotely. I cant have physical access. If I do reset it, it will get an ip from dhcp server and I was wondering if controller will find the eap, even though  the lan cable is still connected.

Thank you

Options
2021-12-05 17:10:42

@MakisFil 

Even if its not LAN connected, it will broadcast looking for adoption / controller and then can be remotely configured, once that happens it will get an IP address via Mesh.

Resetting it either way should work, or just pull the LAN connection and let it move to MESH conencted

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 864

Replies: 3

Related Articles