New Firmware for Linux (Log4j fix)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-12 04:17:22 - last edited 2023-08-17 10:01:08
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 4.4.6

How long is it going to be before you guys release a fix for the Log4j exploit? If you're not going to patch this anytime soon I will be forced to take the controller offline and run everything in stand alone mode until such a time I can completely convert to Ubiquity. Your behind the game here, and you need to step it up. Also, what idiot in your offices decided that it was a good idea to release the Windows firmware before the Linux firmware? And why the hell haven't you made a ARM image for a Pi yet. This release needs to be done before Monday. So I suggest you get some people in and start working overtime to get it done ASAP. I love this system, but if you're not interested in patching known vulnerabilities, then I will be forced to just step back and quit using and recommending your products.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:New Firmware for Linux (Log4j fix)-Solution
2021-12-13 02:05:02 - last edited 2021-12-13 12:32:55

Dear @shberge, @NoGuy,

shberge wrote

Unifi came with an update yesterday, so I upgraded a bunch of Unifi controllers today.

So TP-LINK came quickly with a security update. we can not wait for several months. on an update.

Thank you for your valued feedback!

TP-Link team is aware of this vulnerability, the R&D team is repairing it in the highest priority.

So far, the Omada Cloud service has been updated, Omada Controller will be released ASAP, please wait patiently.

Update:

[Solution] Apache Log4j Vulnerability in Omada Controller

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:New Firmware for Linux (Log4j fix)
2021-12-12 18:48:41

@NoGuy 

Unifi came with an update yesterday, so I upgraded a bunch of Unifi controllers today.

So TP-LINK came quickly with a security update. we can not wait for several months. on an update.

Options
Re:New Firmware for Linux (Log4j fix)-Solution
2021-12-13 02:05:02 - last edited 2021-12-13 12:32:55

Dear @shberge, @NoGuy,

shberge wrote

Thank you for your valued feedback!

TP-Link team is aware of this vulnerability, the R&D team is repairing it in the highest priority.

So far, the Omada Cloud service has been updated, Omada Controller will be released ASAP, please wait patiently.

Update:

[Solution] Apache Log4j Vulnerability in Omada Controller

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:New Firmware for Linux (Log4j fix)
2021-12-13 02:17:16

@Fae 

Thank you for the update, it's nice to know it's being handled. Sometimes communication with your customers goes a long way. Thank you for the great products and your hard work.

Options