TPEAP won't start.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TPEAP won't start.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TPEAP won't start.
TPEAP won't start.
2021-12-13 04:20:58 - last edited 2021-12-16 17:45:13

TPEAP stopped working, I upgraded it to the latest I could find (4.4.6). Still doesn't work. All my stuff seems to be to spec but maybe I'm reading something wrong. 

Omada_SDN_Controller_v4.4.6_Linux_x64

java version "1.8.0_261"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_261-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.261-b12, mixed mode)
commons daemon version "1.0.15-dev"
commons daemon process (id: 4165, parent: 4164)
Going to init controller!
Going to start controller!
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.start(DaemonLoader.java:243)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.tplink.omada.common.util.z.c()Z
    at com.tplink.omada.start.OmadaLinuxMain.start(SourceFile:42)
    ... 5 more
Cannot start daemon
Service exit with a return value of 5

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TPEAP won't start. -Solution
2021-12-16 16:44:27 - last edited 2021-12-16 17:45:13
I found a fix yesterday by the way. Not sure if it will work for you. I completely uninstalled the package 'omadac' and then a fresh install using the .deb-file with the command 'sudo dpkg -i filename.deb'. Worked like a charm. You will lose all settings and folders though. Be sure to get a working back-up out of the back-up folder in the /opt/-folder. I already uninstalled completely as I bought the hardware controller instead so can't see what folder it was exactly.
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:TPEAP won't start.
2021-12-14 03:48:40

Dear @4mp3d,

4mp3d wrote

TPEAP stopped working, I upgraded it to the latest I could find (4.4.6). Still doesn't work. All my stuff seems to be to spec but maybe I'm reading something wrong. 

To confirm, was the TPEAP working before?

If yes, were there anything changed before it stopped working?

java version "1.8.0_261"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_261-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.261-b12, mixed mode)
commons daemon process (id: 4165, parent: 4164)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    ... 5 more
Cannot start daemon

The issue you are experiencing sounds unusual, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.
Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-12-14 04:25:18

@Fae 

It was working, I don't know when it stopped. I just noticed it wasn't working. 

When it wouldn't start up I decided to do the upgrade, so downloaded the latest deb file and ran the install to see if it fixed it. No dice. 

This is just running on an Ubuntu box. 

Options
2021-12-15 17:17:40

@Fae same is happening over here since the update to 4.4.6 because of the log4j-vulnerability that is going on. It always worked before and since I've updated I'm getting the same error logs:

java version "1.8.0_292"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_292-8u292-b10-0ubuntu1~20.04-b10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.292-b10, mixed mode)
commons daemon process (id: 18126, parent: 18125)
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/opt/tplink/EAPController/lib/log4j-slf4j-impl-2.15.0.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/opt/tplink/EAPController/lib/log4j-slf4j-impl-2.8.2.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLoggerFactory]
    ... 5 more
Cannot start daemon

Options
Re:TPEAP won't start. -Solution
2021-12-16 16:44:27 - last edited 2021-12-16 17:45:13
I found a fix yesterday by the way. Not sure if it will work for you. I completely uninstalled the package 'omadac' and then a fresh install using the .deb-file with the command 'sudo dpkg -i filename.deb'. Worked like a charm. You will lose all settings and folders though. Be sure to get a working back-up out of the back-up folder in the /opt/-folder. I already uninstalled completely as I bought the hardware controller instead so can't see what folder it was exactly.
Recommended Solution
Options
2021-12-16 17:00:25
I'll try to purge it and reinstall, probably should have tried that already. :D I guess I assumed it was a diff problem since it wasn't working before I upgraded it.
Options
2021-12-16 17:45:06
Confirmed, I was able to uninstall using apt and then reinstalled using my backup and it not seems to be running fine. Appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 840

Replies: 6

Related Articles