Omada SDN configure IPTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada SDN configure IPTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Omada SDN configure IPTV
2022-08-06 15:11:40

@btx 

I've tried with the settings in the screenshot above, but no luck. Though I haven't found any documentation yet which might explain all these options. I just managed to break the dhcp server by setting  the vlan 4 on the Wan port, so that's obviously wrong. Setting it on the port that leads to the TV also doesn't work (it does nothing, the TV receives just the regular internet signal, not the iptv). So now I'm at a loss unfortunately.

Since tplink developed this functionality mainly to aid people with KPN trouble, I hope one of them can lend a hand so we can then document it for others to find (easily).

Options
2022-08-08 15:43:10

The point is that you can only coonfigure a port on the R605 for IPTV usage, not a port on one of my SG2008P switches.

This makes the IPTV setting within Omada useless for me, my iTV box is connected to a switch in my TV room, which also connects to other A/V devices.

Hope this will change soon, because I want to get rid of the KPN router.

Options
2022-08-08 21:03:15

@jcouzy even that doesn't seem to work. The KPN TV boxes apparently require both an internet connection (vlan 6) and the IPTV connection (vlan 4) on the same cable. Using the iptv setting isolates either of the vlans, so you either have only tv data (no interative content) or only internet (no tv content). Either that, or I've messed up something in my configuration massively.. because it doesn't seem to work at all for me.

Options
2022-08-27 17:54:58

@Tularis for KPN literally only the TV-stream (multicast) goes via VLAN 4, all other content (guide, streaming, VOD and on some STB's also software updates) goes via the regular internet VLAN. This is quite common for IPTV-networks and I still think TP-Link delivered terribly with this update. Omada is a great product but the service and lack of a clear roadmap on updates are both very subpar and that is what stops me from really recommending Omada to customers who want more than the default ISP-equipment (I work for KPN).

Options
2022-12-13 19:06:04

+1 Same issue, just reacting so I get status updates.

Options
2022-12-13 20:02:11

+1 too, I also have a Dutch IPTV provider (Online dot nl) which is on the KPN network, which isn't working.

Options
2022-12-30 15:25:47

TPlink, please fix this.

I love my new Omada setup (4 switches, 2 EAP and ER605), but i want to use my ER605 and get rid of the ISP router.

As is, i cannot use KPN IPTV. Therefore the Wife Acceptance Factor is ZERO. :(

Options
Related Articles