EAP 235 Wall - Incorrect VLAN Assignment on LAN port after reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-14 21:20:38 - last edited 2022-01-25 09:57:16
Model: EAP235-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.1.0 20210721

Hello,

I have EAP235-Wall configured with trunk 802.1Q on the uplink. Each SSID has its own VLAN.

I also have a host connected to the LAN1 port of the EAP. The LAN port assigned to VLAN 11.

When I reboot the EAP235 (occasionally my PoE switch goes down), it assigns the default VLAN 1 on the LAN port. Hence, my device connected to the EAP moves to the incorrect VLAN and gets an IP from the wrong range. If I wait 1-2 minutes and reconnect the network cable, the right VLAN is assigned.

It's happening on both my EAP235-Wall units.

Please advise.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP 235 Wall - Incorrect VLAN Assignment on LAN port after reboot-Solution
2022-01-25 09:57:00 - last edited 2022-01-25 09:57:16

Hi All,

As an update on this case:

The issue has been located, and it will be fixed in the subsequent firmware upgrade.

For more details, please check the solution post below. Thank you for your attention!

Solution  EAP235-Wall v1 - The ETH VLAN Doesn't Work Properly After Reboot

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:EAP 235 Wall - Incorrect VLAN Assignment on LAN port after reboot
2021-12-15 08:17:47

Dear @Zosha ,

Zosha wrote

I have EAP235-Wall configured with trunk 802.1Q on the uplink. Each SSID has its own VLAN.

I also have a host connected to the LAN1 port of the EAP. The LAN port assigned to VLAN 11.

When I reboot the EAP235 (occasionally my PoE switch goes down), it assigns the default VLAN 1 on the LAN port. Hence, my device connected to the EAP moves to the incorrect VLAN and gets an IP from the wrong range. If I wait 1-2 minutes and reconnect the network cable, the right VLAN is assigned.

It's happening on both my EAP235-Wall units.

Your problem is indeed a bit wired. To better help you locate the problem, please provide a complete topology diagram of all your devices, marked with their IP addresses/model is very useful.
If possible, could you please tell us what your VLAN settings are?
Are there any advanced settings on the controller other than VLAN?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-12-15 10:54:35

Hi,

See the following drawing:

As you can see, my PC is in VLAN 11.

When I reboot the EAP 235, the PC moves to the native VLAN 1. However, if I reconnect the cable (after the reboot), the PC moves to the correct VLAN 11.

It's like the LAN port of the EAP 235 applies the VLAN configuration a bit too late.

Options
2021-12-16 07:07:48

Dear @Zosha

Zosha wrote

As you can see, my PC is in VLAN 11.

When I reboot the EAP 235, the PC moves to the native VLAN 1. However, if I reconnect the cable (after the reboot), the PC moves to the correct VLAN 11.

It's like the LAN port of the EAP 235 applies the VLAN configuration a bit too late.

Still need to confirm more details with you, is your router TP-Link device and what model is it?
Do you use a controller to manage these devices and do the configuration?

If so, what is the hardware and firmware version of it?

Do you have any advanced settings in your network other than VLANs?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-12-16 09:02:47

Hi,

My router is a Firewall from Cato Networks.

I use an OC200 Controller latest firmware 4.4.6, but I had the same issue without a Controller.

No advanced networking besides the VLANs.

Let me know if that helps.

Options
2021-12-17 06:23:53

Dear @Zosha ,

Zosha wrote

My router is a Firewall from Cato Networks.

I use an OC200 Controller latest firmware 4.4.6, but I had the same issue without a Controller.

No advanced networking besides the VLANs.

Let me know if that helps.

The issue you are experiencing sounds unusual, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.
They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.
Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

Options
Re:EAP 235 Wall - Incorrect VLAN Assignment on LAN port after reboot-Solution
2022-01-25 09:57:00 - last edited 2022-01-25 09:57:16

Hi All,

As an update on this case:

The issue has been located, and it will be fixed in the subsequent firmware upgrade.

For more details, please check the solution post below. Thank you for your attention!

Solution  EAP235-Wall v1 - The ETH VLAN Doesn't Work Properly After Reboot

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1192

Replies: 6