Omada SDN, TL-R605, and Camera Devices Fixed IP Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-23 06:34:14 - last edited 2022-04-01 11:06:23
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 4.4.6

I run an Omada system, including a TL-R605 as my router, 1 x EAP265HD, 1 x EAP245, and 2 x EAP115 as access points. 

The Camera, I am using (only one IP camera as of now), is a Tapo C200.

As of now, I am on version 4.4.6 of the Omada Controller, and my router (TL-R605 v1.0) version is 1.1.1

The setup is managed by Omada SDN on Docker.

Everything works fine, except, SDN does not respect static IP conditions for Cameras, and DVR. 

It does not matter what I do, the system assigns a random IP on every new lease and on every restart. This is causing me a lot of trouble. Why does the system do that? I have seen a lot of complaints in the forum with no clear answers. One of the mods even asked me to create my own thread. So, here I am. 

Can someone please help me get a grip on this problem? I am completely invested in the Omada, but if my cameras are not working, then it would be of no use! Attaching a screenshot for example. This happens all the time, and most of the time, the IP changes between 174 and 175. No other devices in the network are using 192.168.10.174, and it is only assigned for this device. 

Any input is highly appreciated. 

Cheers

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada SDN, TL-R605, and Camera Devices Fixed IP Problem-Solution
2022-04-01 11:06:02 - last edited 2022-04-01 11:06:23

Dear @Pine,

Pine wrote

Everything works fine, except, SDN does not respect static IP conditions for Cameras, and DVR. 

It does not matter what I do, the system assigns a random IP on every new lease and on every restart. This is causing me a lot of trouble.

Thank you for your valuable feedback!  The R&D team has made a Beta firmware trying to fix the issue above.

Welcome to install the Beta firmware and comment with your feedback from the solution post below:

Solution  ER605 ER7206 - “Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada SDN, TL-R605, and Camera Devices Fixed IP Problem
2021-12-24 11:17:56

@Pine 

Just to confirm, is the IP you have reserved for this camera in the DHCP range?

If so, then I think you can wait for the last firmware version V5, maybe V5 will optimize it.

Wish you Merry Chrismas!

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-12-24 13:49:24

@Virgo Merry Christmas! 

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the allocated IP is within the DHCP range. 

When can we expect the new firmware V5 (for Omada SDN I believe)?

Cheers

Options
2022-01-04 19:08:10

@Pine 

This is a very old issue and like many other issues (such as clients disappearing from the list for no reason), you need to learn to live with it like me and many others. These bugs are usually not a controller issue, but rather the TL-R605. This specific router does not seem to get much attention when it comes to bug fixes, especially being V1 hardware. I think eventually we may have other options to upgrade. 

Options
Re:Omada SDN, TL-R605, and Camera Devices Fixed IP Problem-Solution
2022-04-01 11:06:02 - last edited 2022-04-01 11:06:23

Dear @Pine,

Pine wrote

It does not matter what I do, the system assigns a random IP on every new lease and on every restart. This is causing me a lot of trouble.

Thank you for your valuable feedback!  The R&D team has made a Beta firmware trying to fix the issue above.

Welcome to install the Beta firmware and comment with your feedback from the solution post below:

Solution  ER605 ER7206 - “Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 806

Replies: 4