3 connection problems; same cause?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-26 16:53:24 - last edited 2021-12-26 16:55:02
Model: EAP620 HD  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Since I've implemented the full stack Omada network with three access points (type EAP620HD) I can't connect my Dyson Hot and Cool blower.  After investigation of the manufacturer, who stated the blower is working well, I accepted the problem. 
Last week I got my new car, a Tesla model Y. And this is my second 'device' which can't connect to my WiFi. It's not a range problem. The car can't even find the network name, but at the same time my iPhone is still connected to the network.  Very strange. 
This remembers me a third issue. The VPN app on my iPad can't recognize my WiFi SSID as a secure network because a problem with broadcasting the SSID. 
My TP Link network is fully wired (with PoE). I expect the issue in radio or mesh setting. 

Anyone a solution or workaround ?

Information about setup

Router

Switches

Hardware controller 

Accesspoints

Options
2 Reply
Re:3 connection problems; same cause?
2021-12-27 07:53:07

@Jacquesss 

First of all, you can try to upgrade the firmware of those EAP620 you have.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/513010

You can find the V1.1.0 firmware in different region.

#1 The Dyson blower. Could you find the WiFi name just like your phone did? If it can actually see the WiFi name but can't connect, then what is the error message? Or it can't see the SSID at all. What if you enable the hotspot on you phone and connect the blower to that WiFi, just a simple test.

#2 Tesla car. You need to find out which frequency band the car supporting. 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz. Does it have problem with other WiFi signal? I think you can test that as well.

#3 VPN app. I don't understand this one...Do you have a screenshot of that? I can use that to check out thing for you.

Options
Re:3 connection problems; same cause?
2021-12-27 10:07:52

@Jacquesss 

To follow on from what Yannie had suggested, this below jumps at me also

The selection of WPA/WPA2-Personal will mean the cipher is TKIP which is not secure by today's standard and might explain the " iPad can't recognize my WiFi SSID as a secure network " issue

The TKIP cipher is very much legacy, switching to WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE may be the fix for that as it uses a much stronger / newer cipher (AES)

There is also the possibility that the dyson and/or Tesla wants the higher encryption also.

In relation to the Dyson, I know from experience these only run on 2.4ghz so ensure you have band steering enabled on your controller.. if you want to test you can disable the 5ghz and see if it will connect to the 2.4ghz alone.   If that is the case consider setting up a 2nd SSID called   IOT or something, enable guest mode and set for 2.4ghz only.  A lot of people (myself included) do this

Any other info you can provide to Yannie would help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 446

Replies: 2

Related Articles