ER605 Just dont get how to configure multiple LANs/DHCP Servers, Please Help!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-30 22:56:51
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

Im wanting the "farm" to be on a separate vlan with separate from the default and share the load balanced WAN connections with other networks.

right now the CPE keeps getting a 192.168.0 ip address assigned to it 

any help is greatly appreciated

My R605/CPE210 is currently configured:

R605

------------------

3WAN(1,2,3)/2LAN(4,5) - WAN is 3 separate internet connections load balanced.

2 LAN Networks (Default,192.168.0.1,VLAN 1 / Farm,192.168.20.1,VLAN 20)

VLAN VLANID: 1, 4(UNTAG) 5(UNTAG)

VLAN VLANID: 20, 4(TAG) 5(TAG)

VLAN Port 4 - PVID 1 / VLAN 1(UNTAG) 20(TAG)

CPE210 (connected to r605 port 4)

------------------

DHCP/Dynamic IP

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 Just dont get how to configure multiple LANs/DHCP Servers, Please Help!
2021-12-31 09:05:13

@The_Myers_Home 

Ah, it's the Multi-nets setup on the router.

They actually have a guide for this setup, I think you can check that.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3061/

See if you can figure out what is the problem with your current settings.

Options
Re:ER605 Just dont get how to configure multiple LANs/DHCP Servers, Please Help!
2021-12-31 17:51:24

@Yannie 

So after a long night of trial and error I have it figured out kinda. I'm learning as I go and loving it. I will try to find time to document everything when all done. I do have a couple more questions to complete this part of my config. 

Questions:

1) It appears that almost all vlan supported switches/routers are configured by default with a vlan 1 which is a untagged vlan and the expectation is that as the administrator you are to isolate your network segments with new or the same vlan Id configs across different devices and not use untagged vlan 1 unless absolutely necessary. It's not written in stone, but it is good security practice to do so. This is also why I found that when I went to configure my CPE210, it should not allow me to set my vlan management Id to 1. Do understand this correctly?

2) On the vlan port page it shows the port number, vlid, and vlans assigned to the port. Is my understanding correct that the vlid I set for the port # is essentially how I want packets tagged? If so what is the flow of this? Are they tagged this id coming in or going out?

3)  On the vlan page it shows the list #, vlan Id #, selected vlans associated with this vlan, and a label/name. I'm trying to wrap my head around how I determine what vlans I associate with a specific vlan and visualize how this flow works. Currently connections to my CPE210 on port4 are getting assigned a .20 ip and can connect to the internet through the wan ports 1,2,&3 but from a device connected to the cpe I can connect to and ping devices on the other vlan. 

Thanks again for all the help, definitely a learning experience that I'm enjoying. 

Options
2022-01-05 19:52:41

@The_Myers_Home 

I did not go into the details. But, I am sure it's a tag/untag issue. That part is fun when I learning all the VLAN stuff. That's not so hard after you know what to do with tag/untag/truck all that stuff.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2828

Replies: 3