Votes

Firewall extended logging and configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-04 13:40:44 - last edited 2022-01-06 07:39:36
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hello all,

I would really appreciate it if the logging would contain more information.

I can see that for example large ping attacks it drops the packets and thats great but i miss information like the IP-address from which the attack originated.

This kind of information is helpful to block future attacks and narrow down the attack spectrum.

Further more i miss the ability to have an advanced firewall config. ACL's are nice but not the same as the firewall rules.

I want to be able to say -> Allow from source (internal device) to Destination (internet) these ports and protocol's. Now i am unable to do this.

Also is the ACL not really something that is easy to understand and offcourse it doesn't have to be easy but for example in Ubiquity this is way easier to handle.

Also if the Firewall was more configurable i could arrange for example that specific VLAN's or devices are not allowed to connect to internet.

Thank you for reading.

Kind regards,

Beware

Options
1 Reply
Re:Firewall extended logging and configuration
2022-01-16 17:38:38

@Beware logging is a BIG issue when considering TP-Link Hard/Software, it is mostly lacking detail, sometimes even whole events are "missed".

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 357

Replies: 1

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters