5.0.29 bug?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

5.0.29 bug?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
5.0.29 bug?
5.0.29 bug?
2022-01-09 10:03:27 - last edited 2022-04-19 09:51:33
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.29

hi

i have encountered ann issue following the upgrade to of the OC200 controller to 5.0.29.  The issue appears to manifest itself following a change to the configuration of an adopted decide, in this case a router.  I added an ACL rule and the controller and then got this message in the log

The configurations of device <router name> are different from the configurations from the controller. Go to <router name>-Manage Device Page and click Force Provision to synchronize the configurations of the device with the controller.  

following which the router is in "Adopt failed" state.  If i attempt to readopt the router i got a login prompt and the site admin user ID and password does not work.  the only way to re-adopt the router is to perform a hard reset on the decide itself.  

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:5.0.29 bug?-Solution
2022-04-19 09:51:15 - last edited 2022-04-19 09:51:33

Hi All,

Sorry to re-open this case, I'd like to update the solution and close it.

The issue was found to be caused by the static routing config, and it's already fixed in Controller v5.0.30.

Omada Controller_v5.0.30 has been released on January 20, 2022

Thank you for your attention!

stuker00 wrote

i have encountered ann issue following the upgrade to of the OC200 controller to 5.0.29.  The issue appears to manifest itself following a change to the configuration of an adopted decide, in this case a router.  I added an ACL rule and the controller and then got this message in the log

The configurations of device <router name> are different from the configurations from the controller. Go to <router name>-Manage Device Page and click Force Provision to synchronize the configurations of the device with the controller.  

following which the router is in "Adopt failed" state.  If i attempt to readopt the router i got a login prompt and the site admin user ID and password does not work.  the only way to re-adopt the router is to perform a hard reset on the decide itself.  

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:5.0.29 bug?
2022-01-09 23:05:15

I am facing the same issue with my TL-R605 (HW: v1, FW: v1.1.1) and the 5.0.29 controller release

Every change made on the controller regarding the router results in an error, force provisioning seems to have no effect

Options
2022-01-10 02:55:25

@stuker00 

I had the same issue. admin / admin worked for me. 

We craft reliable solutions | 1.855.888.0169 | https://cctv-ca.com
Options
2022-01-10 05:57:53

Dear @stuker00,

stuker00 wrote

Please allow me to confirm some details. 

After you got the log message which asks to click Force Provision to synchronize the configurations, was the router still in "Connected" state before you click Force Provision? Or the router was already changed to the "Adopt failed" state when you noticed that log?

To successfully re-adopt the router, would it work if you simply remove the newly added ACL rule from the controller? Or do you mean that you have to perform a hard reset on the router itself, then the router would work well with the newly added ACL on controller v5.0.29?

After you successfully re-adopt the router with controller v5.0.29, do you still have the issue once you change a setting on the adopted device? In other words, are you able to reproduce the issue steadily?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-10 06:21:19

Dear @FrEaKii,

FrEaKii wrote

I am facing the same issue with my TL-R605 (HW: v1, FW: v1.1.1) and the 5.0.29 controller release

Every change made on the controller regarding the router results in an error, force provisioning seems to have no effect

Thank you for your valued feedback!

May I check what kind of controller you are using? Hardware Controller OC200?

If you re-adopt the router with the Device Account configured under Settings -> Site page, did it work? Or did you also hard reset the router to factory default settings, then re-adopt it successfully with the new change made on the controller v5.0.29?

Options
2022-01-10 06:25:58

Dear @Alex_UTS,

Alex_UTS wrote

I had the same issue. admin / admin worked for me. 

Thank you for your valued feedback!

May I know what change you did before you got the error log? Did you also add an ACL on the router?

Could you please confirm whether the Device Account configured under the Settings -> Site page is admin / admin?

After you re-adopt the router with admin / admin, do you still have the issue once you make a change on the router?

Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience!

Options
2022-01-10 06:27:31

Fae wrote

Dear @stuker00,

Please allow me to confirm some details. 

After you got the log message which asks to click Force Provision to synchronize the configurations, was the router still in "Connected" state before you click Force Provision? Or the router was already changed to the "Adopt failed" state when you noticed that log?

To successfully re-adopt the router, would it work if you simply remove the newly added ACL rule from the controller? Or do you mean that you have to perform a hard reset on the router itself, then the router would work well with the newly added ACL on controller v5.0.29?

After you successfully re-adopt the router with controller v5.0.29, do you still have the issue once you change a setting on the adopted device? In other words, are you able to reproduce the issue steadily?

@Fae 

I did not click on force provision.  The router went into adopt failed state itself about two mins after the message appeared according to the log

based on a comment above in this thread i have now been able to successfully readopt the router by using the default router password of admin/admin instead of the controller site password.  

After readoption The issue still persists however,  any config change on the router will cause it to go into adopt failed state again.

Options
2022-01-10 06:28:10
thanks that worked for me too
Options
2022-01-10 07:58:03

Dear @stuker00,

stuker00 wrote

I did not click on force provision.  The router went into adopt failed state itself about two mins after the message appeared according to the log

based on a comment above in this thread i have now been able to successfully readopt the router by using the default router password of admin/admin instead of the controller site password.  

After readoption The issue still persists however,  any config change on the router will cause it to go into adopt failed state again.

Thank you for your valued information.

The backup file and running log may be able to tell where the problem is.

To figure out the issue, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box for further follow-up.

Options
2022-01-10 08:25:51

Hi @Fae 

Thanks for the feedback.

I am running the newest software version of the controller.

I tried the following steps:
1) Hard reset the router > issue persists
2) Backed up the config
3) Redeployed my Controller (running inside a docker container) and restored the config > issue persists
4) Deployed a Controller (on Windows) and restored the config > issue persists
5) Rolled back to my (docker) controller

I did not have this issue before the update (but different ones, regarding wired clients and dhcp)

Options
2022-01-10 08:44:50

Dear @FrEaKii,

FrEaKii wrote

I am running the newest software version of the controller.

I tried the following steps:
1) Hard reset the router > issue persists
2) Backed up the config
3) Redeployed my Controller (running inside a docker container) and restored the config > issue persists
4) Deployed a Controller (on Windows) and restored the config > issue persists
5) Rolled back to my (docker) controller

I did not have this issue before the update (but different ones, regarding wired clients and dhcp)

Thank you for your valued information.

So you are using the Linux Controller on the docker and the router now, right?

As @stuker00 confirmed above, using admin / admin can successfully readopt the router, does it work for your case before you make another new change on the router?

To figure out the issue, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box for further follow-up.

Many thanks for your cooperation and patience!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1240

Replies: 12

Related Articles