Omada is overly sensitive on DFS detection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-12 10:00:07
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.4 Build 20211021 Rel. 57494

I get DFS detection constantly on my network. It seems overly sensitive on this detection. When running af consumer grade router (or scanning the area for wifi's) I can use DFS without issues, and can see plenty of network using the DFS range...

Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada is overly sensitive on DFS detection
2022-01-12 18:58:05

@blj-74 

Yeah totally agree, a few of us have flagged this up before.

Would also be good if it attempted re-connecting to the desired DFS channel 6/12/18 hours later after a switch! 

Options
2022-01-13 08:51:52

Dear @blj-74 , @Philbert,

Sorry to hear that you have the issue.

But the threshold value of DFS detection is set in compliance with the legal requirements of each country and is in compliance with laws and regulations.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-13 21:28:06

@Hank21 

Thanks Hank

Is there any consideration to enabling / allowing the AP to move back to the DFS channel after a random back off period?   Say something along the lines of 12 hours?

It only detects radar every 4-6 weeks so its not really an issue, but would be excellent if I didn't have to manually move / reboot the AP to get it back to the correct channel

Options
2022-01-14 06:43:02

Dear @Philbert

Thanks very much for your feedback.
This has already been forwarded to the TP-Link team for evaluation.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1358

Replies: 4

Related Articles