Do software control need OC200/300 device?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-14 17:26:51
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have following setup 

1.  LOAD BALANCE ROUTER TL-ER5120

2. POE SWITCHT TL-SG1210P

3. EAP225 (8no)

I want to create mesh. Can i do it with software controller or i need OC200 hardware? If software controller is enough then how to download it in India? Because it is showing coming soon. When it will launch? Is software controller free or chargeable?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Do software control need OC200/300 device?
2022-01-14 23:07:16

@asusboy 

Hey

If you are intending to use a MESH setup then yes you will need a controller online, however this can be either Software or a Hardware controller (OC200/300)

The link below should take you to the software controller download, yes it is available and the cost is free.  

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/omada-software-controller/

Options
2022-01-15 00:07:54

@Philbert thank you for the reply. This software controller doesn't work in India. It says coming soon. 

Options
2022-01-17 08:01:14

Dear @asusboy ,

asusboy wrote

@Philbert thank you for the reply. This software controller doesn't work in India. It says coming soon. 

You can use the software controller in the EN official website.

Please refer to this link: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/omada-software-controller/

Normally, it is suggested for you to run the controller all the time. So the hardware controller is maybe more suitable.

You can check more detailed information about mesh network in the following link:

Frequently Asked Questions about EAP Mesh Network

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options