Every setting change - WAN port is down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-15 10:49:06 - last edited 2022-04-19 09:59:12
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.14.2 Build 20211215 Rel.61111

Hello, 

every setting change - WAN ports is down, for example, renaming the client. Internet connection goes down for 5 minutes. It reminds me name of the Škoda 1000MB (Mladá Boleslav) vehicle, which was nicknamed the Škoda 1000 Little Pain (Malých Bolestí). Each new update will bring some problems that were not before. Does anyone have the same experience? Is there a way to solve this?

Thank you,

Pavel

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Every setting change - WAN port is down -Solution
2022-04-19 09:58:59 - last edited 2022-04-19 09:59:12

Hi All,

Sorry to re-open this case, but I'd like to update the solution and close it.

The issue discussed in this post is that the gateway will drop out for a short time after modifying the client name.

Controller v5.0.30 has fixed it, please check for an update if you haven't been aware of this.

Omada Controller_v5.0.30 has been released on January 20, 2022

Thank you for your attention!

PavelV wrote

every setting change - WAN ports is down, for example, renaming the client. Internet connection goes down for 5 minutes. It reminds me name of the Škoda 1000MB (Mladá Boleslav) vehicle, which was nicknamed the Škoda 1000 Little Pain (Malých Bolestí). Each new update will bring some problems that were not before. Does anyone have the same experience? Is there a way to solve this?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Every setting change - WAN port is down
2022-01-15 11:39:48

Hi @PavelV,

I have the same experience since the latest update of the OC200. Always happens when giving custom names to clients, both WAN ports are going down, they recover on their own within short time (way less then 5 minutes in my case). Read about this on a different platform as well.

Best regards,

Felix

Options
2022-01-15 13:14:42

@PavelV 

Sure I can confirm this too, along with a ton of other bugs that I can not even bear to mention.

The updates are only getting worse and worse, I have probably never experienced so many bad updates on a product ever.

It seems to me that Tp-link does not have the ability to test, even the most obvious things they can not find.

And why 5.0.29 has not been removed from the download says that they do not care so much. They simply use us as early beta testers.

Options
2022-01-15 15:05:06 - last edited 2022-01-15 15:16:30

@PavelV 

Confirmed also from my site in a fresh installation with Omada SDN 5.0.29, every change WAN down...

Simple topology: OC200 + ER605 + 6EAP245 + TL-SG2218

Thanks

Update: it seems that happens only via Cloud

Options
2022-01-17 13:59:58

Same issue.

Mainly just changing Client Name (very very very useful feature!) will take the WAN down for a minute.

It's a SOHO installation (ER-7206 - TL-SG2210P - EAP-620HD - EAP-660HD) and a couple of SDN compatible switches shortly and this occurs whether directly using Web UI on the controller, or via cloud.

It's annoying as being my own SOHO installation, I need to name the 120+ client devices to make sense of things, ensuring they are on the right AP, VLAN etc.. but after 20 or so I've given up..

Lets hope TP-Link fix it, I've had EAP Controller just for older v1 EAP225's for 3 years and that worked so well, I invested in a complete OMADA SDN upgrade!

Options
2022-01-19 12:57:16

Update:

It should be already present a new fw 5.0.30 to solve this issue.

Best Regards

Options
2022-01-19 15:03:17

@Emitplink 

I'm worried about how many problems this update will cause.

Pavel

Options
2022-01-19 15:05:13

@PavelV 

I already did in my test environment via cloud without any problem.

Bug Fixed
1) Fix the bug that AI Roaming function may cause an abnormal adopting behavior.
2) Fix the bug that a disabled portal entry will cause the Controller fails to upgrade.
3) Fix the bug that with static routing entries sometimes Controller will fail to adopt
the gateway after updating from firmware version v4.
4) Fix the bug that the gateway will drop out for a short time after modifying the
client name.
5) Fix the bug that the configuration can’t be saved if create Dynamic DNS/NO-IP
DNS entries with the same Username.

Regards

Options
Re:Every setting change - WAN port is down -Solution
2022-04-19 09:58:59 - last edited 2022-04-19 09:59:12

Hi All,

Sorry to re-open this case, but I'd like to update the solution and close it.

The issue discussed in this post is that the gateway will drop out for a short time after modifying the client name.

Controller v5.0.30 has fixed it, please check for an update if you haven't been aware of this.

Omada Controller_v5.0.30 has been released on January 20, 2022

Thank you for your attention!

PavelV wrote

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1134

Replies: 8

Related Articles