EAP DISCONNECTED After restarting omada software controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-22 10:03:45
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.3

So I bought an EAP110 Outdoor antenna. I was able to establish connection with Omada Software Controller version 4.2.8 and completed all the necessary settings like voucher and stuff.. but at the end of the day  i will turn off my laptop. Next day I tried logging in to the same controller account. the EAP 110 outdoor V3 displays as disconnected. i can no longer use the vouchers as well and the redirect page says error too... I know that the software controller is necessary for the portal and voucher to work. But is there a work around where i can still use the EAP110 the next day after restarting my laptop?

Options
6 Reply
Re:EAP DISCONNECTED After restarting omada software controller
2022-01-22 15:57:14

@ADELEV 

Hey

Honestly, if you are intending to use any of the guest / voucher / portal features you really need to have the controller online 24/7.   Sadly when the controller starts up on your laptop the next day, it will sync with the AP and this can cause the AP to refresh it settings, which in turn will restart the AP.

If you have another PC / raspberry pi then consider using it for the controller, or if not then a lot of us use the OC200 hardware controller.  The OC200 is perfect for home use and quite reasonably priced at around €55 / $70US

Options
2022-01-22 16:11:50
Wow, that was fast! Since our store is not open 24/7, I plan to turn everything off at closing hours to save electricity. Since there is no workaround, I probably need that OC200 hardware controller. If ever I buy the OC200, I will not be experiencing this type of disconnection anymore? thank you for replying!
Options
2022-01-22 16:11:53
Wow, that was fast! Since our store is not open 24/7, I plan to turn everything off at closing hours to save electricity. Since there is no workaround, I probably need that OC200 hardware controller. If ever I buy the OC200, I will not be experiencing this type of disconnection anymore? thank you for replying!
Options
2022-01-22 16:39:13

@ADELEV 

Hey

Yeah the OC200 is a low power device (mine pulls about 3 watts of power), so can be run from even the cheapest phone charger.  If you want you can set a schedule in the controller to disable the SSID during certain hours, I have found this takes the power consumption down to virtually nothing..

Together an AP and OC200 is around 10 watts of power at maximum, which is roughly at current prices  €7 / $10 (US) per year to keep both online 24/7

Lastly, yes the controller should be online 24 / 7 and this should solve the disconnect issue for you, others have reported this issue before when running controllers on Laptops/PCs that power off daily.

Options
2022-01-22 16:43:54
Thank you so much for clearing this!!!
Options
2022-01-22 17:11:26
You are more than welcome, any hassle just drop a message
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1108