OpenVPN Client on ER7206/ER605 in Omada SDN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-22 13:18:02
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Does anyone know how to set up OpenVPN client on Omada router, I have tried to create a tunnel but it does not work,
As I see it, it is not possible to make any mistakes. import ovpn file is the only choice, the ovpn file has been tested on PC and works. the file is generated without a password.

Options
13 Reply
Re:OpenVPN Client on ER7206/ER605 in Omada SDN
2022-01-24 03:07:02

Dear @shberge,

shberge wrote

Does anyone know how to set up OpenVPN client on Omada router, I have tried to create a tunnel but it does not work,
As I see it, it is not possible to make any mistakes. import ovpn file is the only choice, the ovpn file has been tested on PC and works. the file is generated without a password.

Could you please upload your ovpn file for checking?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-24 07:09:32

@Fae 

So you want me to upload the golden key to the network on the form, No I do not think so, this file is not shareable.

But let me ask in another way. has anyone managed to use ER7206 as an OpenVPN client?

I tried with an ASUS router and on it worked with ovpn file which did not work on Tp-link.

Options
2022-01-24 07:47:44

Dear @shberge,

shberge wrote

So you want me to upload the golden key to the network on the form, No I do not think so, this file is not shareable.

But let me ask in another way. has anyone managed to use ER7206 as an OpenVPN client?

I tried with an ASUS router and on it worked with ovpn file which did not work on Tp-link.

Sorry for my thoughtlessness. You may change the sensitive information by editing the ovpn file in TXT format and save, then upload it.

If it's still unacceptable, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further assistance.

With your ovpn file, the support team can check and confirm whether there are unsupported fields which may result in the failure.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-01-24 08:17:07

@Fae 

I have sendt support a e-mail but only answer from them was to send me manual on Omada SDN  smiley

So not much help there.

But if somebody can confirm that it work, I don't think it do.

Options
2022-01-24 08:29:17

Dear @shberge,

shberge wrote

I have sendt support a e-mail but only answer from them was to send me manual on Omada SDN  smiley

So not much help there.

I've escalated your case to the support engineer directly, who will be able to provide you effective assistance.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience!

Options
2022-01-26 13:32:43

@shberge It wil only work TP-Link to TP-Link since any other will require username/password and TP-Link does not support that.

@Fae  this has been an outstanding request for while, to either permit user/password in the GUI or provide a location in the router to place the user/password and point to it with the OVPN file.

This would be a really useful feature and would love to see it in a release soon

Options
2022-01-26 18:45:10

@HomeAdmin 

I have a solution that works now, but it is very very slow, 2mb,
VPN is an OpenVPN server on Ubuntu where I can create clients without a password.

Have a dialig with tp-link ang speed so we will see what happens.

the solution is quite good with many configuration options on the server.

but with this speed you can only do simple tasks, do not copy a lot of data.

Options
2022-02-02 22:28:03

I like the Tp-link gear, but it really is missing some basics so it's hard to recommend it to anyone at the moment.  Simple things / quick wins they could implement seem to be taking forever

Two examples are adding username/password to the openVPN protocols (both when it's a server or client) and mDNS.  I can't imagine this would take them too long to develop and test and would make quite a lot of users happy, and really help the prosumer uptake.

Options
2022-03-31 20:44:51 - last edited 2022-04-04 05:16:19

I have the same issue with surfshark. I have the ER605 router and here below i report my ovpn file

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote <ip>
resolv-retry infinite
remote-random
nobind
tun-mtu 1500
tun-mtu-extra 32
mssfix 1450
persist-key
persist-tun
ping 15
ping-restart 0
ping-timer-rem
reneg-sec 0

remote-cert-tls server

auth-user-pass

#comp-lzo
verb 3
pull
fast-io
cipher AES-256-CBC

auth SHA512

<ca>
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
<omissis>
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
</ca>
key-direction 1
<tls-auth>
#
# 2048 bit OpenVPN static key
#
-----BEGIN OpenVPN Static key V1-----

<omissis>
-----END OpenVPN Static key V1-----
</tls-auth>

I need to input the username and password to allow the VPN connection to start... any help will be appreciated.

Options
2022-04-03 17:55:11
hello. I have the same question. i couldn't make openvpn client works after upgrading the firmware of our ER7206 to the latest version 1.2.0 Build 20220117. however "openvpn server" feature works well.
Options