Votes

Routing of Traffic to VPN Client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-23 17:41:23
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi, I am looking for the option to create a VLAN and route all traffic through an external VPN as OPEN VPN client (E.g.: StrongVPN)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Routing of Traffic to VPN Client
2022-01-25 07:05:36 - last edited 2022-01-25 07:07:37

@Family_AM 

Have you tried Policy Routing? I remember this has been brought up a lot. This does not seem to be new functionality.

About your VPN, some 3rd party VPNs can be added to the Omada Gateway, yet you gotta have enough VPN info before you do this. 

Options
Re:Routing of Traffic to VPN Client
2022-04-21 14:25:45

@Family_AM 

To further refine the above correct answer, this is exactly what I do.  I have created a LAN network, assigned it to it's own VLAN, mapped that VLAN to a dedicated physical port on my SG2008P switch and then created a policy route for the LAN subnet that forces its default route to be my L2TP/IPsec client (will show up in the WAN options for the policy route).  I also enabled 'Guest Network' to prevent any local access to my private IPs.

This allows me to forward all traffic from that port (and also SSID if you map the subnet to an SSID as I do) via the VPN tunnel.  I have tested this with an IPTV box and it works just like it would at the far end site.

At time of writing, I believe only the L2TP VPN will allow you to route multiple subnets across a tunnel.  The OpenVPN implementation on my ER605's is still very much a single client IP.  I also have to use Client/Server implementations as one end of my VPN is NAT'd.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 430

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.