ER605 Multi WAN connection issue - Help!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-23 22:33:07
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

I am having no luck establishing a connection with one of my WAN providers. I can connect to it with my Linksys wireless router using Dynamic with no problems. The only way I can get it to connect is putting in its IP address as static. It shows connected, but not usable. Cannot ping outside. My other connection was no problem.

Any ideas? That internet provider cannot(will not?) provide me with any of the detailed connection settings.

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 Multi WAN connection issue - Help!
2022-01-24 02:34:14

@DickLOliphant 

Some ISPs may limit how many IP they will give you. Your first router's MAC address may already be holding the only IP(s) they will give you.

Try unplugging your modem for a few minutes then starting over with the modem and second router. This should help them release any IP(s) they had reserved for your first router's MAC address.

Options
2022-01-24 16:49:23

@DickLOliphant 

I am only trying one internet provider at a time, and they each have a fixed address.

Options
2022-01-25 07:15:13

@DickLOliphant 

Do you have a modem? In the US, a modem has a mechanism to record the MAC address of the router. If you have the MAC address recorded, you can only use that device(could be your Linksys router) to connect and get Internet. 

To flush that, you gotta reboot the modem. Turn it off for 20 minutes and power it up. 

Connect your new router to it and check again. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 499

Replies: 3

Related Articles